1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27,682 Posts
Could be his brain shutdown because someone had stuck a gun in his chest! Brain farts are going to be the norm in a high intense situation. I am doing a shotgun class with Louis Awerbuck right now and the stuff I have seen done and done myself will give you pause. Shucking several good rounds out on the ground, mixing up slug and buck rounds, dropping ammo on the ground, and this is just training. When someone is actually threatening your life it is a wonder we ever do it right.

------------------
"What most of these people need is a good slap upside the head. What I don't need is any more lawsuits." John "The Tooz" Matusak

·
Registered
27,682 Posts
Originally posted by Soujurn:
Without all the details I know it is hard to make judgements, but, from what I read here, was the former LEO right in shooting the bad guy? My understanding is that lethal force can only be used when you or a second party are in imminent danger of loss of life or great bodily harm. Not to merely stop a robbery. But perhaps the ex-cop believed a life was in danger and shooting was his only option? We carry concealed to save lives, either our own or anothers, not to be amatuer police officers. Right?
I would say if you are in a store and some goober points a gun at someone (you, the clerk, another customer) than that person's life IS in danger. He pointed a gun, what do you to do be in danger, wait until he starts shooting?

------------------
"What most of these people need is a good slap upside the head. What I don't need is any more lawsuits." John "The Tooz" Matusak

[This message has been edited by BillD (edited 08-24-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.