1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guys that may be packing more around the mid section (alittle over weight:bawling:) I was wondering how you like to carry in or out side the pants what seems to work best for you? Thanks

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
as much as i hate to admit it, ive added a little to my love handles since i quit smoking.. lol.. working on it though. i still prefer to carry my 5 inch 1911 inside the waistband. get a good holster and you shouldnt have any problems. while its not as comfortable as outside the pants, its secure and much easier to conceal.

good luck to ya

russel
SDMF

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Strap a health club membership to your belt, and keep the IWB. Eat a little less food. Lose the fat.

Don't buy bigger pants!

I even take my own advice. Mostly.

·
Registered
62 Posts
as much as i hate to admit it, ive added a little to my love handles since i quit smoking.. lol.. working on it though. i still prefer to carry my 5 inch 1911 inside the waistband. get a good holster and you shouldnt have any problems. while its not as comfortable as outside the pants, its secure and much easier to conceal.

good luck to ya

russel
SDMF
To that I would add; buy a better belt than you normally might as well. Get a proper, sturdy 1 1/2" or 1 3/4" (which I use) belt meant to handle a gun. El Paso Saddlery, Simply Rugged, etc. You won't be sorry.

This from a fellow Girthy Mammal.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
yes, the belt is an important part of carrying.

i have got very used to the IWB carry with my fullsize 1911, i prefer it for concealment. i carry on my right side, with the butt tilted forward a bit, the gun hides nicely

russel
SDMF

·
Registered
49 Posts
I carry my full size SA in a Milt Spark VMII IWB. No problems hiding it whatsoever and very comfortable. Now I just need a good gun belt.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I prefer IWB still.

I have an ungly Crossbreed Holster. Its not much to look at but is amazingly comfortable. I think that its actually better to cary IWB as a big guy because the belt pulls the gun tight to your body and reduces printing.

I haven't found an OWB that doesnt feel like it hangs on my belt. The ol love grips tend to push the gun out and away and causes printing. I just prefer the feeling of my belt "pulling" the gun close rather than the "hanging" feeling.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The Wildnerness Belt is a great gun belt, with the added benefit that it is very adjustable. It is very stiff and holds my EMP, or my full size 1911, just fine.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
That Champion Stay pretty secure there rondawg?
T'aint no Champion, that's my $340 Rock Island "budget banger"! And yes, it's held quite solidly, never had an issue with looseness or fit. Only real problem I've had is the slide rubbing against the rivets in my jeans and leaving copper marks. Fixed that problem by grinding off the rivets.

·
Registered
62 Posts
"T'aint no Champion, that's my $340 Rock Island "budget banger"! "

My appologies Sir to you and your iron.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts