1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my CD FS for about a month and have shot 1000+ rnds through it and the ejector is loose. It was not loose when I first got it, but now it is. I talked with a couple of 1911 shooters and one said it was not a problem and the other said that it was, and that I either need to replace or restake it. So now i'm not sure if I have a serious problem or not, it is still quite accurate.

Has anyone else had this problem?

If so, what do I need to do?

All help is appreciated, as I am somewhat new to the 1911 scene!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
From what I've heard, KBI(importer) is very good with responding to customers gripes. Give them a call and see what they can do. Otherwise, you can try my solution. I had this same problem before on my Colt, the ejector just kept on getting loose until ejection became erratic. I fix it by replacing the pin that holds it with a drill bit of about the same size. It never came lose again. 'hope this help and safe shooting!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if KBI would honor the repair since I am not the original owner. I will give them a call to see. I was told to put a little LOCTITE on it and that should cure it. If KBI won't honor it, then i'll give the LOCTITE a try.

Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Sniper,
I've got to go to the 'smith saturday anyway, so I guess i'll just have him stake it for me and be done with it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Punch out the old pin( make sure you get it all out) It's prob. broken that is why your taking it out or it will be because it usually is made of a soft metal.
Replace with a new pin. Be careful it is a soft metal. If you mash over the end a little
you are going to have to file it off. Again...be careful it's right in the slide rails.
You need a real small punch and a brass hammer.
There ya go Vega

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sniper,
Thanks for the advice. Took it to the 'smith today and he replaced the ejector and pin, and it's good as new. Took him a total of 10 minutes, a lot quicker than sending it to KBI, and less expensive. 'Smith charged me $20.

hunter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts