1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of looking for a platform for my next project gun. I want an all stainless steel, 4” or 4.25” barreled gun, and was looking at both the Kimber Pro carry HD II and the CD EMS.

I’m not too concerned about much beyond the slide, frame and barrel, as I expect most other components will get replaced.

Any opinions?

- Joel

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Your two choices aren't a fair comparison.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably not.

I guess the real question is regarding the CD's frame and slide quality, as all the other bits will be going away. The CD is definately at a more attractive price point when considering that....

- Joel

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I have a CD with close to 10K rounds through it now without a problem. If things are going to get replacing except slide and frame, the CD will be a better choice money wise, as its much cheaper than the Kimber.
How about starting from scratch i.e. Caspian slide and frame? Also SGN is advertising some frame for <$100. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've thought about the Caspian frame and slide, but I think I want a little more experience before tackling the frame/slide fit.

Is the CD frame cast? I'm assuming that it is.

- Joel

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Is the CD frame cast?
I believe they are.
If you like shooting while costumizing then get a whole gun and just build on it. Also, I've heard RIA's are being sold by Sarco(?) for $277. That's the lowest price I've seen, ' might wanna consider them than the CD.

·
Registered
238 Posts
by time you buy a daly ,spend the money to swap out the parts ,you will break even on a factory kimber ,with a warranty ,and accuracy,reliabilty most desire

if i personaly wanted to build agun ,i would go frame up from caspian or wilson ,but if i wanted to buy a gun to "swap out" parts i would go with norinco

1 - 7 of 7 Posts