1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Pro Shop folks at the range where I shoot have been telling me that the CDs are not a good choice for any customization work because the frames are cast, not forged.

Are the frames cast or forged? And really, what difference does it make as long as the frame has good heat treat.

Inquiring minds want to know...

Thanks!
Tony

------------------
Eagles may soar, but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines...

·
Registered
159 Posts
You might want to check out a post on the Custom Parts & Gunsmithing forum entitled "Bilby and Burns, best base gun?" Toward the bottom, Steve Clark talks about one of the new Charles Daly Empires. I hope he doesn't mind me sharing his quote here:

"I was absolutely ,totaly impressed with the slide and frame, My comments of the "new" CD will be out in print this fall. I was utterly impressed! As a base gun for a Custom-YES. I am not thrilled with the parts fit, but the barrel locked up well for a production gun. As a slide and frame upgrade-it's something to look at."

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I thought it was applicable. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
159 Posts
In case your interested, here is a reply I received recently from Charles Daly:

The frame is cast, the slide is bar-stock. All parts are hardened to proper Rockwell numbers. We will post these shortly. We don't mean to imply from our advertising that with Charles Daly you will get a Kimber for half the price. We do guarantee that your Daly 1911 will be accurate, will function properly, is well finished and is safe.

Charles Daly 1911's are manufactured in The Philippines on state-of-the-art C&C machines. Our assembly and finishing costs are significantly lower than production from other countries, especially the US.

Our prices reflect the overall philosophy of our company that it shouldn't cost a shooter an arm and a leg to get into the shooting sports. Our pistols, shotguns and rifles are all quality firearms that, dollar for dollar, will always be the finest values in the marketplace.

Regards,
Charles Daly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts