1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to 1911s and shooting in general and had bought a CD 1911 a few months back. I ended up having to send it back to the factory for repairs. (Hammer fell to half-cock instead of hitting the pin about 25% of the time). While the 4-6 week turn around time was a little long to wait; every dealing I had with CD's customer service was very pleasant. I received my firearm about 6 weeks after I sent it off and let me tell you: It works like a charm. No feed problems at all, even with crappy range ammo. Anyone who has any reservations about buying a CD should set them aside. Even if you have some kind of initial problem with your firearm, you can be sure that CD will stand behind what they sold you. (And after reading about some Kimber owners sending their new 1911s back you'll feel even better
)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
DrIzeNine, I had that same problem with my Daly when I bought it. Except it went from never happening to happening 5 out of a full clip. Never bothered sending it back to them though. Buddy of mine fixed it for me. He also told me that most of the parts inside were of poor quality. I'll talk with him tomorrow and see exactly what he replaced besides the trigger & hammer. I got rid of it though.

------------------
The defensive firearm is a special-purpose piece of safety rescue equipment, designed to extricate a person . . . from the immediate threat of savagely violent crime. It is like the fire extinguisher. . . . Neither piece of equipment will do you any good if you don't know how to use it or are not psychologically prepared to face danger with that gear in your trained hands in a terror situation.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glac that your Chuck's working fine now. As some members have done, they replaced the internal parts which is made of cast. My daly also had the same problem like yours but after having read so many posts and advise from shooters I repaired it myself. Caution, don't do it unless you are really familiar with the working parts. I adjusted the sear spring gradually until I got a satisfactory result.

Have you tried different ammo with it or just ball and range ammo?

Welcome to the family!!!!

vega

·
Registered
288 Posts
DrIzeNine,

Vega's right about the sear spring causing the halfcock problems. I initially had my sear spring adjusted by an RO at a local range back when I was too scared and uninformed to even touch my pistol's internals. Every 10 or so shots would fall to halfcock. Readjusting the fingers back to their original positions solved my problem.

I also got that same halfcock problem when I replaced my factory sear spring with a four fingered Kings. However, it disappeared when I also replaced the heavier steel trigger with an adjustable lightweight Nowlin.

I read somehwere in the forum that the lighter tension on the sear spring combined with the heavy trigger caused a "trigger rebound".

It's great to hear your CD now works fine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wilson Combat has a spring kit that comes with the sear spring, and an extra power firing pin spring, etc. I changed the factory stuff and used the WC before even firing it, did not have the half-cock problems there.
Just a problem with last-round ejections.

[This message has been edited by mikr (edited 08-23-2001).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts