1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I have a question that is a little off topic, but I have been trying to get some information on this and thought that this was probably the best place to go. I found a good price $350 on a CD DDA 10-45 pistol and I seriously tempted to go for it. Are they worth it? How is quality? Are they similar in size to the 1911? Do they use the same magazines as the 1911? Basically, are they good pistols?

Also, how is the CD EFS? I am also tempted to go for one because I would like another 1911 and from what I have been reading they seem to be of high quality, as well as very compatible with other brands/parts lines.

Capt R

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I don't have any idea about DDA but from what I heard, and I forgot where I heard it, the frame is made in Israel. Same company that makes Bul M5(?) Well, don't know for sure.

You cant go wrong with the EFS. You'll just have to replace some parts to your liking. Mine, everything is factory parts.

vega

·
Registered
610 Posts
Originally posted by: CaptR
I found a good price $350 on a CD DDA 10-45 pistol and I seriously tempted to go for it. Are they worth it? How is quality? Are they similar in size to the 1911? Do they use the same magazines as the 1911? Basically, are they good pistols?
$350 is not a bad price for a new one. This pistol's lower is nothing like a 1911. For one, it has a polymer frame, it uses double stack mags, and the grip is extremely short. If you do decide to purchase one, do yourself a favor and get the grip extensions for the magazines. I have never shot one, but the one I handled seemed tight.

SteveW

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey all,
I'm new here so you may have already got a response to your question about the DDA 10 45...I got mine about 2 weeks ago and had a problem right out of the box...the slide would lock open about every 3rd shot in a 10 round mag...a buddy of mine suggested taking out the slide stop spring and bending it to add additional tension...we did this and I took it out yesterday to try the fix.

It worked MUCH better but still locked open...about 1 in every 3rd mag this time...my buddy took it home with him and added additional tension to the slide stop spring and took it out today...the result was it worked perfectly! the best news of all is that when firing it myself yesterday the gun is a tack-driver! very tight groups out to 7 yards...it feels great in the hand and the recoil while not like shooting an all steel .45 is pleasant...over-all i'm very pleased now that I have the bugs worked out. FYI you can get the full size version at SOG for $299.00 before additional charges...WELL worth the money!
Tony.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts