1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks! New guy on the block and am shopping for a low end (cost-wise) 1911a1. I have it narrowed down to the CD EFS or a RIA. BUT I have read more issues with the CD then the other. Is there a easy way to tell the older versions vs. the newer, less troublesome, ones? I am looking at gunbroker.com currently but hate to get tagged with a pistol that's old stock. I remember a bit about diff states on the frames, but it makes it hard to tell from a small net pic on an auction site. I am leery on taking a unknown seller word for it, exspecially lately after being burglery victim. (Hence the reason I am shopping for a new 1911a1, and due to xmas coming, low cost)
I would prefer the CD as it has the extras I'd end up putting on the RIA in the end, but don't want a lot of issues everytime I take up the slack.

· Registered
14 Posts
I have an EFS and I appreciate the extra features, mostly the beavertail (I used to get bit every once in awhile).

IIRC Armscor builds the RIA and the CD, so it would be more of a feature comparison. There are some talks that CD builds the guns with parts sourced from Armscor, I'm not sure that's accurate. Mine says "Built in the Phillipines", and CD's site says essentially the same thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.