1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought a SR1911 Cmd, on inspection of the pistol on the right side at the ejection port there is a gap and I can see the ejector right at the barrel hood I'm not talking about the loaded chamber indictor this is to the right of that. had many 1911 and never had that. there was never no gap there were I could see the ejector head. does anyone else notice this?

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here is a pic of the gap. I'm so Goddam disgusted with the 1911 and all the crap I have to put up with these sub standard American made pistols. can't one company in the usa made a freakin 1911 you don't have to send back to the manufacturer. an not have to pay 1200 + for a good 1911? two I've bought in the last six months the Remington r1s (fit and finish) and now this ruger 1911 cmd which will have go back. my brother was right buy a Glock and save 300.00 and not have to keep sending in in for repairs.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I got 2 post on it, and a lot more to come. I bought the pistol Friday night at 8:45 FDLE (background) closes at 9:00 so I didn't have much time to look at it. and what it my fault the gap is there. I figured it's brand new it should be right, shouldn't it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I looked at my cmd and it does not look like that.

The loaded chamber indicator is on the top of the barrel hood,
a little u shaped notch.

I'm happy with mine so far

·
Premium Member
11,667 Posts
You've been told by at least two well qualified persons, one of whom is a very highly regarded pro gunsmith, that your issues is cosmetic. Not unsafe and not functionally detrimental, just not a perfect cosmetic example. You were offered advice which you rejected, and then you basically call them idiots, so we are left no other choice but to believe that you came here to vent your spleen, expecting everyone to joint you in your misery and when you didn't get it, we're all a bunch of a$$ hats. I think that about sums it up.

By the way, I own Glocks, am a factory certified Glock armorer, have owned 1911s since 1964, and have had a bit of premium training from certain top tier schools using 1911s, Glocks, SIGs, HKs, etc, some at my expense and some generously paid for by Uncle Sam and I've yet to see the highly touted Glock perfection.

Sorry you are unsatisfied, but the fact remains that you are still solely responsible for the decision to accept the gun no matter how cramped your schedule was.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Have you shot the gun yet? Does the barrel move when you press down it from the ejection port when it's in battery? If you really want to feel right by this gun have it checked out by a professional pistol smith and see what they have to say about it before you send it back to Ruger. If everything else is good to great about the barrel fitting, chamber, headspace etc. then either don't worry about it, or sell it as LNIB. If its not ok you will know exactly what to tell Ruger to fix.

·
Registered
67 Posts
BBBBill is way to the moon and beyond over my qualifications to comment, but to my lesser trained (untrained) eye that pistol looks to be out of battery as if the ejector is catching on a ledge in the slide or such. The only viable solution I see is to seek a return authorization and let Ruger make it right and thus allow Ruger to drag the QC person onto the carpet.

prs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.