1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found what I beleive to be a bargin on some Chip McCormick Parts from CDN Investments. Has anyone ordered from them? If so would it be acceptable to use these parts for my first homegrown 1911? The hammer is 17.99 and sear is 10. Any imput welcome!

------------------
You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get
yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days
is to go about repeating the very phrases which our
founding fathers used in the struggle for independence.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Originally posted by New 1911 Addict:
I found what I beleive to be a bargin on some Chip McCormick Parts from CDN Investments. Has anyone ordered from them? If so would it be acceptable to use these parts for my first homegrown 1911? The hammer is 17.99 and sear is 10. Any imput welcome!

Yup, I've ordered from them a couple times. No problems what so ever and would definately recommend them to anyone.

The parts you mention are the McCormick MIM parts that work fine from what I've been told. RickB who frequents this board has installed both the hammer and sear in a project gun of his and had good luck.

They should drop in just fine and if you want to go the extra step, you could have a smith clean them up a bit and improve the trigger even more but.......

I've been told that MIM parts don't hold up (with respect to trigger jobs) as well as tooled steel parts. So with that in mind, if you are intending to get a trigger job done on your pistol, you might consider spending the extra bucks and get tooled steel parts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input Vapors750, I don't intend on paying sombody to do an action job on my pistol. I instead am intending to do it myself. And with that in mind, I will pass on the MIM parts and go with my origional choice of Nowlin S7 tool steel hammer and sear. Thanks!

------------------
You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get
yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days
is to go about repeating the very phrases which our
founding fathers used in the struggle for independence.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I used quite a few McCormick parts from CDNN during my web gunsmithing project. They are fine parts and CDNN is top-drawer for service. If you are interested in seeing which parts I used and how easy they are to install, you can visit the website and read all the deatils at:
http://www.roderuscustom.tzo.com

Then Click on:

PROGRESS / JULY 19 / DETAILS

Hope that helps

------------------
I guess if we do that.....maybe we all earn the right to go home......

Please visit my Gunsmithing Web Project.

http://www.roderuscustom.tzo.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts