1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CDNN. Mec Gar mags.

I hope Im spelling the mags correctly. I don't have my CDNN mag with me.I was wondering,they have two different type of the Mec gar mags listed for $7.99 The blued type and the Nickel plated type. I see where the blued is recommended here.Hows the Nickel plated ones.Been reliable and fit good? Thanks and sorry for the spelling, WarDawg

·
Registered
378 Posts
The nickel one that came with my Kimber split at the feed lips. I just got 2 blue ones from CDNN and they do look like MecGar mags but are not marked, not even "Made in Italy". They have a different feed lip design that should release the round sooner than my old nickel mag and one came with the traditional follower and the other came with a new style. The new style looks similar to a GI follower but its convex on top like a Metalform or Pachmayr follower and has a tab running off the slide stop catch (or whatever you call that part of the follower) that runs down into the front of the mag to keep the follower from tilting or moving forward. It looks like a good design to me.

And the plastic base is a little different than my old one, so I don't know if they are real MecGars or a good copy. They do look high quality its just weird that they aren't marked or that the parts that look the same came out of different types of molds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Thats what I was wondering how the nickel would hold up. I never gotten a nickel mag before. I just ordered the 8 rnd, Mec Gar (blued) for $7.99 instead. Well thats what they are calling them anyway. LOL... Thanks again WarDawg

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I just bought four of the 8rd blued ones from CDNN, and so far they run great in all my 1911's. I think they are a great value at $7.99 each!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts