1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my MN drivers license and carry permit! Just picked up my wife's Springfield Armory EMP 9mm for $999.

I have an Ultra CDP II on hold (it has been for a while) and am going to purchase on Tuesday... It's currently listed at $1,299, how much have some of the other Ultra CDP owners picked up their weapons for?

FWIW, I was on the fence about a 3" gun but after shooting my wifes 9mm EMP I'm sold!

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
My wife bought my Ultra CDP II for me as a Christmas present last year, it was $1100 plus tax........ I do a lot of business at the gun shop and they treat us right.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I paid $989 for my Compact CDP in Feb 08, and I have seen two Ultra's in the area recently for around $1100 (I think one was $1079, and the other $1139)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Sounds like the $1,100 mark is where I should be on pricing.

Mr. Bumps, how do you like that Compact CDP? There is a Pro CDP here which seems fantastic aside from the extra length in the handle. Do you conceal your compact?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Finally got my MN drivers license and carry permit! Just picked up my wife's Springfield Armory EMP 9mm for $999.

I have an Ultra CDP II on hold (it has been for a while) and am going to purchase on Tuesday... It's currently listed at $1,299, how much have some of the other Ultra CDP owners picked up their weapons for?

FWIW, I was on the fence about a 3" gun but after shooting my wifes 9mm EMP I'm sold!
I'd suggest checking out GunBroker or GunsAmerica. The guns on those sites are generally about as cheap as you'll find them (new). The competition generally drives the prices down while sellers play chicken - until one of them flinches. I've seen some Kimber models being sold for as little as $50 over cost - there is one dealer that was running auctions with no reserve and I saw him lose $70 on one Kimber he sold.

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
I think that's a sign the crazy demand is subsiding and people aren't panic buying like they were, but are actually becoming consumers again.

It's a good sign we all knew would be here again one day. :D

·
Registered
501 Posts
Thanks guys. Sounds like the $1,100 mark is where I should be on pricing.

Mr. Bumps, how do you like that Compact CDP? There is a Pro CDP here which seems fantastic aside from the extra length in the handle. Do you conceal your compact?
I love my Compact CDP. At first the shorter grip felt a bit strange, but I got used to it fast. I had some Failures to Return to Battery out of the box, but my extracter tension was a bit high. Once I adjusted that, it has fed every thing I tried. It's been perfect ever since.

I actually purchased a EMP recently, and will be using that for concealed carry.

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
Mine was $1109 about 5 months ago in Colorado.

·
Registered
12 Posts
CDP II Compact

Got to shoot mine last weekend (shorter than expected as the snow started falling). The Compact grip fits me fine (almost identical to my original Curtis LeMay Randall). The light frame with heavy barrel/slide reduces the recoil significantly (muzzle jump - helps get you back on target).

How did it shoot? How about 2 groups, one about 2" slightly low and to the left with 200gr Speer wadcutters and the second group at 6 o'clock (point of aim) with several touching for about 1.5" with 230gr FMJ mxed with 230gr XTP JHP in front of 6gr of Unique. Off hand, no rest, and about 15-20 yards. There was one FTF (the wadcutter was slightly deformed - a little push and the slide closed).

I am very pleased with the accuracy (I am not an expert and these groups were much better than my series 70 Combat Commander).

I was torn between the Sig (commander), S&W 1911PD (plus the ES and Gunsite), Colt New Agent, and the Kimber Compact CDP II or the Kimber Pro Carry. After handling all (and having shot the New Agent), I am glad I picked the Compact CDP II. The fit, finish, and feel were more to my liking, and I expected the muzzle jump to be less due to the heavy slide/barrel. It finally came down to the Compact CDP II or the SW1911PD ES. Both were the same size but the Smith was almost $200 less. The little extras on the CDP series are worth the few extra bucks. Incidentally, all of these guns ranged from just under $900 to just under $1200.

So, get the CDP - you will like it.

Wayne

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is a UCDPII at a local shop here in town. They are asking $1,200 OTD. I found my UCII at the gun show last week and got it for $680 OTD. I couldn't be happier, especially for the $$. You wont be disappointed with a 3" kimber, they are a blast to shoot!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts