1911Forum banner

CDP question

1049 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  howeudew
Did Kimber make CDP's before 10/98?
I live in MA and can only buy one that was manufactured before that date.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In Oct. 1998 MA Atorney General took it upon himself to deem all guns as unsafe. As we all have 2nd amendment rights, he banned all handguns under the guise of a consumer protection law, all 1911's Glocks, Sig's, H&K
All Rugers and the list will go on for about 2 pages.. exept for Smith & Wesson which made a backdoor deal in the state house.
Aparently they all need to pass a drop test,have 2 serial no#'s load indicator and so on. I contacted Kimber they told me they have no plans to sell in MA since the 1911 will not meet state requirments.... this realy sucks! I contacted the Atorny Generals office and they cant even be sure on the safty requierments.. You know what realy pisses me off, is that i pay my NRA dues and what are they doing (not a damn thing)when they beg me for extra money all the time i throw it right in the trash where it belongs..
So all us shooters in MA must buy used before the law was enacted, i guess before 10/98 they were less lethal

· Registered
914 Posts
You could ask your gun dealer if it would be possible for you to buy a used Kimber CDP over at GunAuction.com and have it sent to him for the transfer. He would be able to tell you the legalities of such a plan. Heck, you may even be able to buy a new one at GunAuction.com and have it transfered. It all depends on local law and he (being the FFL transfer guy) would definately know what can and can't be done.

Another option would be to move to Virginia and totally boycott MA. Tell all of your friends and family that you are escaping the Soviet gulag before they start putting razor wire up, and that you recommend they get out while they can as well. Write a letter to the editor and tell the entire state to kiss your a$$.

Regards,
Callahan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.