1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for info/advice/experience using different brands of mags in Charles Daly 1911's. I have had problems with the mags supplied with the pistol. I have a couple of Wilson 10 rounders and a couple of generic 7 rounders that get the job done. I am curious about Ed Brown, MEC-GAR, Chip McCormick/Shooting Star, etc...

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
610 Posts
I use the Chip McCormick Shooting Stars in mine with no problems, the MEC-GAR's have also come highly reccomended. I don't use the stock mags anymore as I have put an extended mag-well on mine.

Steve

·
Registered
523 Posts
The Chip McCormick are good. Don't know about the other brands, but I do know to stay away from the USA Magazines. For some reason in my CD, they do not lock the slide back on the last round.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Generic (maybe USA?) 7 rounders dont work well, put new springs in, now they lock the slide back before the last round is loaded.

Mec-gar works fine.

Wilson works fine.

Shooting Star (McCormick) works fine.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My CD came with 2 Mec-Gars in it. I have also a McCormick Power Mag and a Shooting Star mag that are working fine with my CD.

·
Registered
249 Posts
what magazines are daly's shipped with? how do i which mags they are. the one's i've looked at haven't had a indication as to what brand they are; also, where can i find these other mags? thanks, mcole

·
Registered
92 Posts
Can't tell you that this is "real", but I've been talking/looking at CDs for a few months. One boxed CD was opened in front of me last week and there were two mags in it - the top one was a Shooting Star (in wrapper). Take this a "for what it's worth".

The gun store I habituate orders FS and CS but not normally the MS - never got a reasonable answer as to why... something about popularity.

Glad I checked in here again... after reading all the extractor concerns, and just recovering from a long extractor siege in a Llama 45, I'm now wondering again.

I'd asked the CD world about how close the CDs are to 1911 (parts-wise); 98% was the answer. However, they told me that the line coming out in March is to be 100% parts compatible. I've checked the CD site last week and nothing mentioned yet about availability.

I need to replace the Llama for reliable CCW and don't want to make a mistake; economics being what it is.

-AndyB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts