1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not a person who fawns over "celeberties" or form my opinions based on theirs. Therefore I really don't know too much about any of them. I know about Tom Selleck being involved with firearms etc. But are there any other "celeberties" who are shooters? During a small discussion about this the other day, I really couldn't think of any off the top of my head, but as I've already indicated, I don't keep track of these folks too much. One guy said that he saw an article awhile ago in one of the gun mags that Steven Segall was quite a shot with a pistol, but he also couldn't think of any others. (He also doesn't pay much attention to actors.) So to my limited knowledge of them, there is Selleck and Segall. Are there any others? Shoot often, shoot safe.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I suppose one could say there are different catagories.....
- Hollywood, Movie & TV
- local TV
- political
- Sports
- Military

I've had the chance to shoot with quite a few over the years. All were just normal folks like the rest of us, only difference was they made their living in the media eye.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Can't leave Heston out! Segal is reputed to have one of the largest 1911 collections in the US, or so goes the story I heard. I seem to remember a few issues ago American Rifleman said Bernie Mac was a shooter. Kareem Abdul Jabar is a Cowboy Action Shooter, believe it or not. Gerald MacRaney (of old TV show Major Dad) host a Beretta hunting show on OLN. Of course, there's Uncle Ted, aka Sweaty Teddy, aka The Motor City Mad Man, Ted Nugent! I know there are others but I can't come up with them right now.

·
Registered
997 Posts
There have been lots of celebrity hunters . Currently Jameson Parker, Gerald McRaney, and Larry Csonka all have TV shows . General Swartzkoff was and still is a big 2nd Amendment supporter and shooter . The others mentioned several , and country music has quite a few , including Aaron Tippin , Hank Jr. and others . There are many more but I admit , few in Hollywood. It's not politically correct out there . I give lots of credit to those like Selleck who are not afraid ...Tom

·
Administrator
13,292 Posts
Steven Tyler & Joe Perry of Aerosmith are shooters . Several years back at the SHOT Show in Atlanta , I watched Tyler drop $50k in the ITT night vision booth .

I'm not sure about firearms , but Lou Ferrigno is usually present at SHOT , mostly eyeing the knives when I've seen him .

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
I know Chuck Connors stared in the rifleman series was pretty gun savvy... You can also find some names of celebrities that go to the hollywood celebrity shoot, although I am not sure how to find it... ;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hulk Hogan!! He's got a new reality show, and shoots quite a bit. Not a big fan of reality tv, but I'm a little bigger fan of the Hulkster! He may even have a class III becasue he was shooting fully auto. I know it could just be one of those ranges that offer that, but ya never know!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Is Gun Games Magazine still printed? It often featured on their covers celebrities that were shooters. I have'nt bought that magazine in a few years. Many of the above mentioned celebrities were on the covers. Even Steven Spielberg was featured once on the cover and I was impressed by the write up and he was pro-gun.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Robert Stack was a champion shotgunner, Reba is a shooter as well.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Tom Nowicki said:
I believe that Dale Earnhardt Jr. is a shooter also.

Though I have followed him and SR more on racing, I think Jr is more of an endoresment deal/ following his dad kinda thing, as for SR, he was a big hunter/shooter. Remember seeing him allot on OLN and other various shows hunting and shooting.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Since I haven't seen him mentioned, Ted Nugent is an avid hunter (bow, rifle and pistol). And, I can't remember her name, but the actress who was on both JAG and The Pretender (Ms. Parker) loves target shooting.

·
Registered
21,912 Posts
You have to be careful of praising celebrities who shoot. Some of them think it is ok for them but not for us commoners.
A top competitive rifle shooter once came out in favor of handgun registration and AWB.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I don't know for sure that James Earl Jones is a shooter, but this quote from him is certainly encouraging:
"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

·
Registered
898 Posts
The actress from the TV show "The Pretender",

dracphelan,her real name is the same as her character name was,"Parker",full name is Andrea Parker,used to be a dancer before becoming an actress.

Stumpy

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.