1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy folks,
i'm trying to decide between the sa champion and the kimber pro carry II. i can't tell from the sa sight if the champion has a 80
series safety, bushingless barrel, single recoil spring or dual. not sure what kimber has for its passive safety. which one do you think is more inherently reliable. thanks for your response.

·
Registered
169 Posts
remember the Pro Carry II is not all SS. Only the slide. You have to go to the Pro carry HD II to get all stainless.

·
Registered
497 Posts
springfield doesn't make a gun with a series 80 safety. i'd go for the champion but that's based on zero experience with kimber. my .02 by the way both my springfields have one recoil spring.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was in the same delima you are in. In the end I choose the Springfield and after owning the pistol for a little over a week and shooting 300 rounds through it I am more then pleased with my decision. I love all the standard features the Champion comes with. I don't believe the Champion has the series 80 firing pin stop as my champion has the halfcock feature that I believe 80 series equipped pistols don't have. Well good luck and what do I know I'm a 1911 newb.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I prefer my 2003 Loaded Champion to the Series II Kimber, but I prefer my original Pro Carry tot he Champion... yes, I am hard to figure. :D

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I have experience with both pistols, and I really like 'em both. Kimber and Springfield both make excellent pistols. Perhaps you can try both of them out and see which one you like better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts