1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered and replaced the recoil springs in my Kimbers. I want to do the same with the SA Champion. However, I ordered what I thought was the spring set for the Champion Wolff part numer 49322. It was the one recoil and one firing pin spring. The Champion has two springs in the guide rod a small one pushing to the rear and the large one pushing to the front.
Also, when I compared the Wolff recoil spring to the large on on the guide rod the Wolff is about 1 inch longer then the Springfield.. The SA is not that old so there must be a mistake. I looked back onthe wwwgunsprings.com and appears I ordered the right number but I do not see how??
any help?
tnx
Dan

·
Registered
108 Posts
Good afternoon-

I wish I could remember the specifics, but I also had the same question when I bought my Champion springs. As I recall, a search of this website, followed up by a call to Wolff did the trick.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but you are on to finding the answer.

Shoot safe-

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.. also reply from Wolff

I also had sent a question to Wolff below is their reply:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 7:48 AM
To: Dan
Subject: Re: quick question

springfield changed the spring set-up at some point in time. our spring is for a single spring system. better check with springfield for their input and suggestions on spring change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts