1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks. It's time to change the recoil spring in my stainless Champion. I'm not sure which poundage I should use. Wolf says #22 is factory standard, but a gunsmith at Springfield told me they use #18 and #24 only! Not #22. I'm confused. Does anyone have any input? Thanks.
Tim

·
Registered
181 Posts
Since it looks like there aren't a lot of takers on this topic, I'll ring in with 22#. Unfortunately, I don't recall exactly where I got this info, I suspect it was a similar thread in the SA section. I would call back SA and question them some more, for example which application gets which spring, etc...

·
Registered
181 Posts
If possible, please post the response. I have a parked Champion and would be curious about the correct answer.

Good luck, stay safe...

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I've got the park'ed Champion too. I'd be curious what SA has to say as well. Generally though, I tend to order my springs based on Wolff's recommendations.

Mac

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I bought the Wilson spring kit for the Compact, same recoil springs as the Champion just with the Compacts mainspring. They come with a 20 and 22 lb spring. Run it with the 22.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts