1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am thinking about having my dealer order me a Stainless Champion
PW9142LP and I was just wondering is the front strap checkered ?

Thanks,

BTH

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
The PW9142LP is the number for a G.I. Champion Parkerized, PX9142LP is for the SS Champion Loaded. The SS Champion Loaded is an awesome piece, I have one that I use for EDC, and No the Champions do not have checkering on the front strap. I use skateboard tape until I can save the coin to have it checkered.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The correct model number for the stainless Champion is PX9142LP. I have 4 of them and the front strap is smooth.

The Champion is a wonderful pistol, one of them has almost 40k rounds through it and was carried daily for the last 9 years.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
The correct model number for the stainless Champion is PX9142LP. I have 4 of them and the front strap is smooth.

The Champion is a wonderful pistol, one of them has almost 40k rounds through it and was carried daily for the last 9 years.

Good grief dude! Now THAT is a pistol collection. Nice setup.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
WOW! Are all the 1911s Springfields? Cant see the last 2 on the left.
Thanks for the kind words! Yes, they all are Springfield 1911's. The two on the left on the second row are TRP's and photo a little different.

Wish I had all of them together for the picture, but there are 5 pistols not pictured. I guess I need a larger table?

What's missing:

(2) Springfield PX9109LP's
(1) Springfield PX9151LP Stainless
(1) S&W M&P45

If my wife saw that picture, she'd probably kill me!!! :mummy: I almost got caught when I was putting them back in the safe and she only saw 4-5 laid out on the table, whew!!!

One day, I'll get a picture up of all the long arms instead of just the pistols...

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'll just echo what everyone else has stated...the stainless Champion is a keeper. Reliable, accurate and a pleasure to shoot. I picked this one up a couple of years ago and have not had a failure from it yet.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Thanks for the kind words! Yes, they all are Springfield 1911's. The two on the left on the second row are TRP's and photo a little different.

Wish I had all of them together for the picture, but there are 5 pistols not pictured. I guess I need a larger table?

What's missing:

(2) Springfield PX9109LP's
(1) Springfield PX9151LP Stainless
(1) S&W M&P45

If my wife saw that picture, she'd probably kill me!!! :mummy: I almost got caught when I was putting them back in the safe and she only saw 4-5 laid out on the table, whew!!!

One day, I'll get a picture up of all the long arms instead of just the pistols...
How do you like the S&W M&P? How does it shoot? I was thinking about buying one this week end.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I bobtailed mine.
I love this little pistol. It is my winter carry piece in a Del Fatti OWB holster.
It's accurate and a joy to shoot.
Summertime, I carry a Kimber Eclipse Ultra in a Del Fatti IWB.
Anyway, here is the pistol:

Bill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do you like the S&W M&P? How does it shoot? I was thinking about buying one this week end.
I love my M&P! Got it in 9mm. One of my favorite guns to shoot. Also got a SS Springfield Loaded Champion. Love that one too. After seeing all the custom shop mods that everyone has done, makes me what to send mine off.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Springfield SS Champion

How is the SS Champion guide rod bushing wear. I hear that they break very easy. Is that a true statement, just wondering :confused:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes, the guide rod plug. I hear that the early model having some problem. I am in the process of aquiring one and just to make sure that the later one do not experience the same problem. Thanks ebman

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
the newer versions have a dual spring recoil system, which S/A should be replaced at 1500 rounds. You can replace the larger outer spring but not the smaller inner spring. New dual spring systems are $35.00 plus shipping. I got a 4" FLGR and single flat spring system from EGW, the cost was more up front $58.00 plus shipping but the single spring are only $8.00 and I plan on shooting my Champion alot. When you get your's don't be surprised if it becomes your favorite carry gun.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts