1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having all kinds of problems making a decision on a concealed carry gun that I will also enjoy shooting at the range.

I have rented several Springfields, full size loaded, v-10, and champion.

I shoot both the full-size and V-10 with ease, getting small groups and find them enjoyable. The champion is a bear. I think the trigger feels harder, and may be part of the problem, but I can't seem to get very good groups with it, and find it challenging to keep shots together anywhere on the target.

I'd probably buy the champion if it shot better. Maybe the one at the range isn't a great example? The full-size looks like it would be more trouble to carry all day than it is worth. (I know, lots of people do.)

I love shooting the v-10 and prefer it over the champion, ports and all. (Yes, I'm real familiar with the downside of ports in a carry gun.)

Anyone with a champion or V-10 care to give me some input? I'd sure appreciate it.

Baker

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you wanting the porting to reduce recoil? The recoil on the ultra compact is very manageable even when shooting fast.
The regular ultra compact isn't available for rental, just the V-10. thanks for your info on it.

Recoil isn't a problem (I currently carry a snub 357) I just love the way the V-10 shoots. I can get 10 shots in the same 2" center hole, repeatedly. Not so with the champion, although I did do better with it today.

Baker

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.