1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone care to speculate on the chances of Colt making a Light Weight full size Government?

It seems so obvious to me. What is it that I'm missing?

Elsworth

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I dont look for Colt to offer anything like that. For the time being they are doing a pretty fair job of putting full size all steel GM's and some LW Commanders on the shelves. With the current trends in LW and compact size I dont see them changing anything.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still lurking eh byron?

Did you ever get one of those 5lb Oly Arm FAR's yet?

Don't forget, Benelli makes a semi-auto 5.5lb 20 gauge, now complete w/ a factory extended magazine ! Oooh...Ahhhh!

Too, if our gun rights were ever restored, an FN Five Seven Pistol is about the size of a Government Model, but only 27oz. loaded w/ 20 (!) rounds of ammo. And, it's companion submachine gun is only 6.5lbs, loaded w/ 50 rounds of ammo!

I guess you already knew that though...<s>

There is one other thing I've been meaning to speak to you about, though.
Seriously, have you ever considered a Browning HP? I'm finding mine to be a real cozy companion. Much easiet to tote than an all steel government. It is 32oz. unloaded , but for some reason it seems much lighter than that.
I think it is just that it is easier to carry more bullets in concealed carry.
A 7 round magazine of 230grn. .45, and a magazine of 12 rounds of 115grn. 9mm, wiegh the same.

Just a few thoughts from the lighter side

Maybe Saint Cindy will intervene on out behalf, eh?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Well, everyone that wants one should call up Lew Horton's and ask when they'll have one. Colt makes a lot of limited runs for LH, and maybe if you guys are vocal enough (hey, make up names each time you call, so it seems like there's more of you :)

Either way, I doubt the gun would sell well, mostly dependant on price.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sorry Elsworth,wrong byron.But the thought of that Benelli 20 gauge you discribed had me doing a couple a ooh's and ahh's aswell.I've been looking for a lightweight combat type shotgun myself.What model would that be?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey byron,

I don't know the model # on the benelli shotgun.
All I know is that they list their 20gauge M1, inertia operated, at 5.7 lbs.

Hope that helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts