1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The present e-mail address for me on this forum is from my dial-up ISP service.

I recently installed DSL broadband service on this computer. because of that, I have a new e-mail address. The old e-mail address will no longer be valid when I cancel my dial-up ISP in a few weeks.

How do I change my e-mail address on this forum?

Thanks,

--Bob Rowe

·
Administrator
18,595 Posts
Rob,

Easy. Click on the "user cp" option at the top of the main forum index. When that page loads, click on "edit profile"...you'll see your old email come up after the page finishes loading. Just click on it and type in your new email addy! Then of course click on submit at the bottom of the page and you are all done.

·
Registered
674 Posts
LW McVay said:
Rob,

Easy. Click on the "user cp" option at the top of the main forum index. When that page loads, click on "edit profile"...you'll see your old email come up after the page finishes loading. Just click on it and type in your new email addy! Then of course click on submit at the bottom of the page and you are all done.
Just did this myself and LW is correct but he left off one final step. When you click submit the server will send an email to your new address requesting you confirm you are actually you. You have to click the confirmation link in that email first.

Then you are done. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts