1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the SF coming so it's zero'd with 230 gr ball @ 50 yards, or 3" high with a bullseye hold at 25 yards, has anyone who carries their SF for defensive purposes changed their factory installed Novacks, either rear sight or front, so their SF zero's at 25 yards? Any suggestions or comments?

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
Wait until you shoot the pistol to determine where it shoots.

The sights on all the Browns are identical from what I can determine and my Kobra Carry shoots point of aim at 25 yards, not bullseye.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Chuck and plan to do just that. The>

good folks at Novacks have been great at assisting me in determining that the factory installed Novack front sight on the SF is .180 in height and they suggest a .215 to rezero the pistol. Novacks does not make a shorter rear sight which is how I would have prefered to go first. Will keep everyone posted after sighting the pistol in with various ammo and seeing where it shoots with my carry load.

·
Premium Member
9,375 Posts
Wait until you shoot the pistol to determine where it shoots.

The sights on all the Browns are identical from what I can determine and my Kobra Carry shoots point of aim at 25 yards, not bullseye.

-- Chuck

I have had the same experience on three EBs. I believe the original poster will be surprised.

Regards,
Greyson

1 - 4 of 4 Posts