1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched here and on Google with no luck. Anyone have or seen a Stealth with color case hardened or charcoal blued frame?

Thanks!

Darren

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Searched here and on Google with no luck. Anyone have or seen a Stealth with color case hardened or charcoal blued frame?

Thanks!

Darren
I haven't seen it on a Stealth, but George at Gunslingers has a Supergrade Compact listed with a color case hardened frame and charcoal blued slide.

http://www.migunslingers.com

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes and George has an Elite Professional in the sold guns that is awesome as well... Which the Stealth would look very similar, just never seen it in a Stealth. Thanks everyone!

Darren

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Pretty sure that is actually Baron's mirror polished salt bluing and George just made a typo...it sure is one hell of a gorgeous carry gun though.:cool:
I think he got it right. If you look at the grip safety and mainspring housing, you can kinda see the gray coloring that charcoal bluing has. Baron bluing has a deeper, more black color.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I'm pretty sure George got it right, charcoal on the supergrade compact and baron blued on the elite professional in the sold guns.

Darren

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Neither IMO. The Stealth is a dedicated carry pistol, and I want a modern durable finish on my carry pistols. Armor-Tuff is the right choice for a compact 1911 IMO, stainless also being an acceptable option.

Carry pistols see heat, cold, sweat, lint, etc. and I prefer a lower maintenance finish in that application. Beautiful blue finishes, IMO, are for range or safe queen/heirloom type pistols.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Neither IMO. The Stealth is a dedicated carry pistol, and I want a modern durable finish on my carry pistols. Armor-Tuff is the right choice for a compact 1911 IMO, stainless also being an acceptable option.

Carry pistols see heat, cold, sweat, lint, etc. and I prefer a lower maintenance finish in that application. Beautiful blue finishes, IMO, are for range or safe queen/heirloom type pistols.
Pretty much the same thing I said to my wife when I showed her that Supergrade Compact.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No issues with the last two posts that a carry gun should have an appropriate finish. So what's the issue with having a "fancy" compact? I have an Armor-Tuff Stealth and a stainless CQB Compact, which will pretty much fulfill my pistol-carrying needs for my lifetime.

Darren

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
A carry gun's main duty is to be reliable dependable and loaded. Color/finish is up to the guy shelling out the bucks. Nothing cooler than old worn blue Colts IMHO.

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts

I wonder how durable CCH is for carry?

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
SVTNate's comment is right on point. CCH or charcoal blue will not be the best choice for carry. I have a LW Stealth with armor-tuff frame and polished stainless flats and a traditional two tone steel Stealth with an armor tuff slide and stainless frame. Both carry with minimal wear. However, the "best" choice will depend on environment, amount of time carrying, and in what medium it is carried. In other words, CCH and blue may be fine for you......but expect more wear with CCH and blue.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I wonder how durable CCH is for carry?
Not very durable. It was a clear coat finish and will fade when subjected to UV light.

IF you want a pistol that size and with that finish I wish you well and hope you enjoy owning it. Does it make sense for a pistol you actually plan to carry for self-defense? Well, to me, it does NOT. That said, I own a Turnbull CCH and Charcoal blued TSG full size that was fired last right before Wilson shipped it to me. If that bothers you, feel free to mind your own business.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Big Hat you always make me laugh. So if a man doesn't like that you don't shoot your CCH SG, which I don't even think you really own until we see a pic, they just need to mind their own business? Funny and my thoughts exactly brotha.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
No issues with the last two posts that a carry gun should have an appropriate finish. So what's the issue with having a "fancy" compact? I have an Armor-Tuff Stealth and a stainless CQB Compact, which will pretty much fulfill my pistol-carrying needs for my lifetime.

Darren
Nothing really "wrong" with a fancy Compact. If it's not going to be a carry gun and it's just a style pistol you like, by all means, go with it. It's definitely a nice pistol! Even if the gun was going to be used as a nightstand gun, I'd say go with it. If it was going to be carried, though..., I'd say go with a more durable finish to protect the gun. That doesn't mean a fancy gun can't be carried regularly. It's just not quite as ideal.

I think most people just view the Compact as a carry gun, due to its design. So it can appear a little conflicting when you want to combine a dressy show gun style with a defense style. But, as I mentioned, if the purpose isn't defense, then it's all good.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Big Hat you always make me laugh. So if a man doesn't like that you don't shoot your CCH SG, which I don't even think you really own until we see a pic, they just need to mind their own business? Funny and my thoughts exactly brotha.
You have complimented me on the pictures of that pistol posted on this site.

My points were simple. CCH really is a poor choice for a carry pistol, but a CCH and blued combination as being some sort of sin on a carry pistol is ridiculous. If someone opts of buy one I simply say enjoy it.

I have plenty of 1911s that get range time repeatedly but I opted to buy something "old school," and at least for now, I'm keeping it pristine. The nitred blue small parts are probably the least durable finish on a pistol, but are admittedly easy to refinish.

I guess an apology is in order to the group, especially on a Sunday morning. But these inevitable twists just get so f-ing old. Buy what you want, use it as you like and mind your own business if you'd do otherwise.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Yes I thought I had seen that gun. As a matter of fact that very gun is why I look at the calendar everyday of my life.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts