1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1911MS barrel bushing wore out in 300 rounds. I replaced it and went shooting this weekend with it. It fed and cycled fine however the slide would consistently fail to go into battery. I had to manually push the slide forward about 1/2 inch.

I took the gun home and cleaned it after shooting. The barrel bushing had to be taken off with a wrench. The "nub" on the bushing that inserts into the slide cut-out was deformed and bright metal colored. Looking into the slide at the cut-out I notice that there was a defect in the cut that had been made at the factory. It was uniform all the way except for right at the spot where the "nub" inserts. Surely the slide itself is harder metal than the bushing. I can't think of any other reason for the two damaged bushings except for the slide cut-out. Your thoughts????????

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
The bushing could be too tight causing the slide to stay out of battery.

All I can say about the slide is "send the gun back". CD should take care of it and the original bushing. I'm brave enough to try and fix it myself, but it's a heck of a lot smarter to send it back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts