1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range yesterday to finally get to try out my recently purchased firearm.

I talked with several people who own compact 1911s. They mentioned to look out for the muzzle flip, but it would be nothing that I couldn't handle.

I ran about 100 rounds through the little guy and here is what I found:

1) The 6 round Colt officer's mags must need some serious break in because they failed to feed the last round properly. I used my MecGar 8 rounds in it without flaw.

2) All malfunctions were magazine related, not firearm related.

3) At 10 yards, I was able to keep every round in the 9 ring of an NRA standard target.

4) So far, the only thing that I shoot better than the CS is my full size 1911, which tears a nice ragged hole.

5) The muzzle flip was no where NEAR what they were conveying. It was just a touch more than the full size 1911 with a bit more muzzle flash, but by no means unweilding.

Final comment: At $150 out of pocket, this seems to be with the price!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am new here,
But it seems to me that for guys looking for a realiable 1911, and not too worried about how much their buddy spent, usually find that CD is a very nice gun especially when considering what they paid for it.

I too own high dollar HK's and Glocks, but I enjoy my CD too. And so far I respect it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
gryphon,
What kind of ammo did you use? I heard that it would only feed reliably with ball ammo.

DK,
Welcome to the forum. What kind of CD do you have?

vega

·
Registered
95 Posts
My compact Daly feeds Federal Hydrashocks just fine. The only trouble I've had is extracting some Corbons 185 +P's mine feed these okay but just didn't want to extract them. It failed 2 out of 6 times but since then it's been back to KBI and it looks like they may have polished the chamber some as it's now shiner then before I sent it to them. When I sent it to them the chamber looked like it was a lite brown maybe the previous owner shoot some Wolf ammo through it and all I saw was the lacquer from the casings. Don't know and haven't tried any +P's back through yet. As it feeds the Federal's okay I'll just keep using them for CCW.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vega,

I used Blaser, and Remington Ball, and some cheapy reloads the range was offering.
Blaser and Rem fed fine, the reloads were real junk and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, even for just plinking.

I'm a believer in ball ammo, so I have yet to try any hollows or wadcutter yet. I might do so in the future.

·
Registered
25 Posts
vega,

I have the CD 1911-A1 Superior FS two tone.

I have over three hundred rounds through it now. Blazer ball and Golden Saber HPJ 230grn.

No sign of a problem yet. And I don't really expect to have one.

I added some wrap around/finger groove rubber grips and ordered a full length guide rod for it.

I plan on adding/replaceing parts as needed down the road.

This is my first non military experience with a 1911 and I am very pleased so far!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
There's no reason to believe a CD will only feed ball ammo. Even my initial FS model has a throated barrel.

My current EFS will feed anything on the market as well as the 200 grain SWCs I shoot 99.9% of the time.

I'm glad to see someone who can tell the difference between a mag failure and a gun failure.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My job requires me to solve problems, so before I jump to conclusions, I use the scientific method of problem solving to determine the true problem, then act accordingly to resolve.

Not to mention I have no problems asking people for advise, so I confirmed what I was thinking with other 1911 shooters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts