1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.charlesdaly.com

Looks like the owners of the Charles Daly name are trying to become the next Kimber ! Has anyone seen any of these purported CNC'd new Daly's yet ?

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
I have held several and fired one. IMHO they are the best buy in a 1911 out there. Going price is in the $349-$389 range. I have my eye on a Commander size one. It would be fun beating the guys with the $1,200-$2,000 guns.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joe D:
I'm in agreement with you -- I now own a Kimber CST that was a tad on the pricey side, so I'm going for a CD Field Stainless I'm going to send off to Steve Clark to soup to a .400 CorBon. I'll document everything and send pics and posts back to this site.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Originally posted by 1911 Forever:
If you want a look at where Daly get their new Poly Pistol go here.
http://www.bultransmark.com/products.htm

These are the same people that really build the Kimber Poly ( Bul M5)

If the new ones are as good as the M5 should be a great piece.
Where did you hear this? The frames look nothing alike on these websites. I think you are mistaken.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Paten, We are talking the Bul Impact and the Daly DDA 1045. To see the DDA 1045 on the Daly website click on whats new then the hot link for the DDA 1045.

On the BUL site go to products and look at the impact at the bottom left coner. They even have the same extended grip on the mag.

Thats OK This is grown up stuff. ;-)

·
Registered
855 Posts
I thought everyone was talking about the 1911 style models. Your post was the first that mentioned the other polymer pistol.

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
BigBoy, I decided to wait for the FST. Got an email from CD that said these will be shipping in 60-90 days. The FST has an LPA adj. sight low mounted into the slide. The LPA is a nice rear sight. I have a Kart barrel waiting for it if it does not shoot. For $30 more it is a bargain.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Joe D:

You're right, I hit up my dealer to see if he could get one, I'm waiting to hear back from him >let me know how your adventure goes. I almost bought a CD out on my first`11 venture, I'm excited about this one -- especially for the cost. I'll post all my findings. Have you heard good or bad yet on thes daly's ?

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
The one that I shot did pretty well. Using junk range reloads I was able to get 2 1/2" to 3" groups @ 25 yds.Good enough for IDPA. With a little load development 2" groups should be possible. I don't like the ambi-safety though. The slide had no lateral movement with a slight amount of vertical. It was tighter than most Colts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts