1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
somewhat of an impulse buy due to price

took it right out of the box, loaded a mag and burt thru 50 for function test.
nary a bobble

600 rnds down now (still haven't field stripped and cleaned) with a mixed bag of different brands, wights and style ammo.
50 124gr +P Gold Dots
25 Horndy Critical defense
several hundred+ FMJ from Tula, Fed and Blazer

nary a bobble

egros are great
grip has lots of "traction"
.soft recoiling and no muzzle flip to speak off
Trigger's heavier than i like, but manageable

accuracy is nothing to write home about , but acceptably "combat accurate"
and it shoots 115gr more accurately than 124gr
Got some 147gr on the way

overall, I've never been more happy with a sub $300 pistol

.L.T.A

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Good to hear. Over the last month or so we've gotten 5 or 6 new ones in and sold everyone quickly. We had two used ones I just put out late Monday and one sold today.

The little G2 has been turning in reports of being a very reliable and comfortable gun. They do feel good in the hand.

Appreciate the report.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I got one about a month ago. I like it a lot. I only have about 140 rounds (130 rounds fmj & 10 rounds of inexpensive Remington JHP) through it so far but it has not failed. It is alot nicer gun than it has any business being for the $226.99 it cost to get it after shipping & the transfer fee.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just picked up a pair of them this weekend for $209.99 ea. Couldn't pass them up. 100 rounds downrange and I am kinda getting fond of them. No complaints at all.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I love the feel of the gun in my hand. I don't love the aftermarket support and lack of magazines. I won't buy a gun I can buy 10 magazines for.

·
Banned
294 Posts
somewhat of an impulse buy due to price

took it right out of the box, loaded a mag and burt thru 50 for function test.
nary a bobble

600 rnds down now (still haven't field stripped and cleaned) with a mixed bag of different brands, wights and style ammo.
50 124gr +P Gold Dots
25 Horndy Critical defense
several hundred+ FMJ from Tula, Fed and Blazer

nary a bobble

egros are great
grip has lots of "traction"
.soft recoiling and no muzzle flip to speak off
Trigger's heavier than i like, but manageable

accuracy is nothing to write home about , but acceptably "combat accurate"
and it shoots 115gr more accurately than 124gr
Got some 147gr on the way

overall, I've never been more happy with a sub $300 pistol

.L.T.A
I've owned a PT-111 (original) for 15 years and the gun has NEVER malfunctioned on any ammo....it was "light" at 18 oz. well before others started making headlines, and it has the safest trigger system....DAO which is IDEAL for "pocket carry."
The initial trigger pull was too stout for my wife's super-long, super-slim, super-weak fingers, so I massaged the internals and now it strokes through with about the same force required by my S&W 642....and holds 11 SERIOUS rounds of 9mm!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts