1911Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Because I share a studio with another guy, I really don't have room to reload, so I'm stuck buying factory ammo for this year. What's the cheapest stuff I can get that's safe? I hear Wolf sucks rocks so the next thing is CCI Blazer which has served me well in .40 and is less than $10 per box. Any other suggestions?

------------------
Jeff More
Irvine, PRC
All your AR-15 are belong to us!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Now and then, the Wal-Mart near our house sells some Winchester FMJs in a white box for under $10 for 50 rounds. That's competitive with the S & B stuff they sell at the range.

(Apparently, American Ammo will actually fire when you pull the trigger, 'cause the floor at the range is covered with the empties. The range sells that stuff pretty cheap, and no one picks up the empties so they just lay there.
)

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I've gone through 150 rounds of Wolf ammo without a misfire. It works for me. But there is an ammo shophere that will let me use their reloading equipment free as long as I buy the components from them. The way it works out, I could even buy once-fired brass from them and still be ahead. So my days of shooting Wolf are goig to be over soon. But, hey, check around your local ammo and reloading shops and see if they have a similar program as the one here.

------------------

Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those that don't

·
Registered
23 Posts
The local Sports Authority (www.thesportsauthority.com) here sells Winchester/USA 230 FMJ/50 rounds for $10.99.
Midwayusa.com has it for $16.99. Stay away from Midwaysusa!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
<><>> Ledbetter, PMC works fine for me. The same ammo that works in one persons gun, may not work the same in another persons. That does not make it crap. Raspy

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got a case of S&B 230grn from AIM Surplus. The price of the case delivered to my door was around 1 hundred eighty something. http://aimsurplus.com/acatalog/index.html

This is the cheapest price I have found on the net, and is cheaper than what is offerd at the guns shows; espically after you facter in cost of gas, parking, and carring a case of .45's all the way out to the truck!
Dave

·
Registered
130 Posts
My local gun shop is pushing the Brazil made Miltech. Anyone had any experience with this stuff?

I have been using the Winchester white box and I have tried a few others but I like this best but it is hard to find locally and seems to go fast when I do find it.

I also picked up some American Eagle to try.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Raspy,

It's a joke. Pretty Much Crap, PMC. I used it for a long time, until I figured out that all my guns shot better with S&B or Speer Lawman. That's why I said "for me."

Regards.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
<>> Ledbetter, I guess I didn't catch on at first. I get it now. Sometimes I'm just slow. I guess if it doesn't hit me in the face I don't get it. I apologize about the misunderstanding.

->>>----------> Raspy

[This message has been edited by raspy (edited 08-16-2001).]

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just got a box of Winchester white stuff. Haven't shot it yet (I pick up my gun in 11 hours!)

I've had good luck with .40 CCI Blazers in my HK though.

I can get a better deal on CCI Blazers as Turners always has deals on 'em.

------------------
Jeff More
Irvine, PRC
All your AR-15 are belong to us!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts