1911Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been IPSC shooting informally for a while with my S&W 625. I am branching out to use my new Dan Wesson PMDP.

My question is -- what is the best/cheapest way to carry six magazines on my Safariland gunbelt?

I dont need the fastest or the best -- just something serviceable.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
You can get Fobus double mag pouches for about $16-20 each. They work just fine. The only shortcoming is that they are not quick to get the mag back in the slot. If you have to return the mag to the mag pouch slot, try something else. This is in regard to single stack magazines. Double stacks may be much easier.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Another vote for the Uncle Mike's. I have two for Glock mags and another for 1911 mags, can't beat 'em for the price (I paid $15 each).

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'll agree for the price the Uncle Mike's are the best. For slightly more I like the Bianchi Accumold Double Mag Pouch as well.

·
Registered
560 Posts
yep

Uncle mikes or fobus.. I use two uncle mikes and another older leather double mag pouch to carry 6..

actually normally 4 is enough but it's nice to have spares.

Jeff.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
The cheapest is the elastic carriers sold at gun shows for $4 each for double carriers. I'll have to look up the brand. I used 3 of them, and even cut one into two single carriers, for more versatility to fit between belt loops, etc.

I started out in IPSC with them. They are perfectly serviceable, and secure. I still have them for backup, and loan to friends.

Eventually I went with 3 Uncle Mike's, just to look "cool". They don't really work any better than the cheap elastic, not for me, anyway. Abouit $20 each for a two-mag carrier.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Lee114 said:
Milt Sparks used to make a six pack mag pouch. Still will I think if you special order.
Shades of The Survivalist!

The six pack is a good piece of gear, but it's not ideal for quick access to each individual magazine. On the other hand, if belt space is at a premium, it would be an excellent solution!

·
Registered
398 Posts
If you use the Kydex (Uncle Mike's etc..) - I persinally prefer the belt type not the blade type - the blades seem to be too long and dig in if you have to crouch to shoot through a port

·
Registered
138 Posts
rhino465,

glad i am not the only one that remembers the "Survivalist!" The adventures of Dr. John Rourke were quite entertaining.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Okay, here's the dumb question for today ...

I am looking at buying a new holster and mag carriers for IPSC Production for my CZ 75BD, and I don't know the simple difference from a "Paddle" style holster/mag carrier and a "belt loop" style one. I've looked high and low on the web, and the answer must be so simple that no site seems to bother explaining the difference. I cringe posting this--but I just don't know!? Thanks in advance ...

·
Registered
560 Posts
stealthfixr

Belt Loop holsters are ones that you must thread the belt of your pants through the Loops on the holster to hold it on your waist.

or some belt must be used to hold the holster on.

Paddle holsters are one that have a device(paddle) that fits between you and your pants while the holster sits on the outside of your pant. NO belt needed.. just slides over your pant

Paddle holsters are easier to get on and off then belt loop.

Hope this helps.

check Uncle Mikes or Fobus websites or Blad Tech I think they all have pictures.

jeff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts