1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
That one comes up for sale on a regular basis. If the stones are worth anywhere near the appraisal, the owner would be better off to take them out of the grips and sell them loose. He will never find anyone wanting a $500 pistol with a set of $44,000.00 grips.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I've also have seen it before.

It's a joke on the true 1911 lover.

Anyone got some hot tar and some feathers? I've got an idea...

·
Premium Member
15,656 Posts
I rarely actually laugh at one of these horrors, but I did on that one! $44,000! He'd be lucky to get $440 for it. Like Johnny said, he'd better part out the jewelry and gold, put some fake pearl grips on the pistol and sell it for what it's worth.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
You guys have it all wrong. If you look at the appraisal, you will clearly see that this is a 911A pistol. They are worth more even without the Elvis grips. Maybe the grips are from that flamboyant piano player guys collection. :scratch:

Rob

·
Registered
442 Posts
" Serious Inquiries Only! " :biglaugh: :rofl:

·
Registered
680 Posts
My Eyes!
The goggles do nothing!

·
Registered
72 Posts
That one comes up for sale on a regular basis. If the stones are worth anywhere near the appraisal, the owner would be better off to take them out of the grips and sell them loose. He will never find anyone wanting a $500 pistol with a set of $44,000.00 grips.
I rarely actually laugh at one of these horrors, but I did on that one! $44,000! He'd be lucky to get $440 for it. Like Johnny said, he'd better part out the jewelry and gold, put some fake pearl grips on the pistol and sell it for what it's worth.
He's not selling the gun, he's selling the grips only.

I think he'd be better off marketing this stuff to the Middle East or Russia. Has anyone seen those golden phones and diamond-crusted cars they manage to sell over there?

·
Registered
135 Posts
That would look sweet hanging around a neck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts