1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Check out what I found on GunBroker.com!

I asked the seller is it can’t with diamond earrings and this was his response:

“Sorry not. This gun is intended for Mature Real Men! The set of Diamond Earrings
if Included, would have been intended for Girlies or Faggots. You Must Be One or
The Other! Therefore, You Are Not Allowed To Bid!”

What a scammer!
I'd say he was spot on but omitted the whiny arsed, cry-baby, "Sell it to me cheaper cause I can't afford it" option.

·
Administrator
72,087 Posts
If you're interested in buying something and insult the seller don't be surprised if you get the door slammed in your face. The guy may have been a dick about it but it sounds like the OP was asking for it as well.

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
I get all the free market crap but I have to give the OP credit for calling bs when he sees it. And after hearing the sellers response I say the OP is justified in his comments.
He was, and I still have to laugh at the initial response from the seller :biglaugh:
Reminds me of “me” if I haven’t had my coffee.......well, kinda all the time.....

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If you're interested in buying something and insult the seller don't be surprised if you get the door slammed in your face. The guy may have been a dick about it but it sounds like the OP was asking for it as well.
Understand that I asked one smart ass question . And for days he has been lobbing emails at me calling me all sorts of names. I just think the poor guy is probably nuts.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Understand that I asked one smart ass question . And for days he has been lobbing emails at me calling me all sorts of names. I just think the poor guy is probably nuts.
You seem about as obsessed as he is. Sounds like you might end up being friends...

·
Administrator
72,087 Posts
He probably is, but it just ain't worth it to let him bother you. Like that cute Disney chick once said, let it go...

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
:biglaugh: I’m still laughing about the entire scenario.....
I can see this nut, held up in his one room apartment, staring in the mirror and asking “are you talking to me”!
Then he jumps back on the computer........:biglaugh:

·
Registered
72 Posts
:biglaugh: I’m still laughing about the entire scenario.....
I can see this nut, held up in his one room apartment, staring in the mirror and asking “are you talking to me”!
Then he jumps back on the computer........:biglaugh:
Are you referring to the OP? The GB seller?

Both?

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
Water is not a nut....
I think we established who the nut was by the initial reaction.
You should add a smiley face after your post! :)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Guys....I think there are a few too many assumptions being made here 🙂

I may be a nut, but I am a good nut. I assure you I am 100% normal person 😉 and I am by no means obsessed with this issue and let it go two 10 mins after it happened.

I asked a smart ass question.....but it’s reasonable. There are two Q5 guns out there and one is $800 more than the other.

If I had this listing and someone had asked me the same, I most certainly had not responded with a dribble of emails taking about penis size, dick sucking, Bernie voting insults. This morning is the first day I have not gotten an email from the guy, so I suspect he has moved on.

At this point I don’t know if he’s mentally ill, has anger issues or just messing with me. Either is fine with me.

He does not seem to be a regular seller but just a “normal” guy.

I wished him luck with the sale but then told him if he wants to add a set of diamond earrings to keep me in mind.

It’s actually not a bad idea. Buy some earrings for your wife and get a gun with purchase 🙂

Maybe I am on to something.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts

I may be a nut, but I am a good nut. I assure you I am 100% normal person 😉 and I am by no means obsessed with this issue and let it go two 10 mins after it happened.

I asked a smart ass question.....but it’s reasonable. There are two Q5 guns out there and one is $800 more than the other.

If I had this listing and someone had asked me the same, I most certainly had not responded with a dribble of emails taking about penis size, dick sucking, Bernie voting insults. This morning is the first day I have not gotten an email from the guy, so I suspect he has moved on.

At this point I don’t know if he’s mentally ill, has anger issues or just messing with me. Either is fine with me.

I wished him luck with the sale but then told him if he wants to add a set of diamond earrings to keep me in mind.

It’s actually not a bad idea. Buy some earrings for your wife and get a gun with purchase 🙂

Of the two people involved you're the nuts one.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts

:biglaugh:

So....I'm just getting up after a brief post-night shift nap......and I read this post.

LMAO at this whole thing.

You called him on what you perceived as inordinate pricing....and then he went full potato on you.

You may have inadvertently poked the bear.....the crazy bear.

There are some whack-jobs out there for sure.

Thanks for the laughs. My day is starting wonderfully......now...that damn coffee maker better be have my java ready.

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
When I'm selling beautiful hot rods & muscle cars, as I do regularly, it's common for me to be offered trades for crappy worthless cars I wouldn't take for free:

"Hey, Man, would you swap your 1964 GTO for my '78 Volare Wagon?"

Or I'll have a car, well-priced, at $15k and I get asked if I'll take "$3000 CASH" the word cash being in all caps, or if on the phone spoken with great emphasis.

????????????? CASH ?????????? ----------- as opposed to $3000 worth of oysters or Pez dispensers ?? What the heck?

Other times I see ordinary classics like a 4 Door Falcon ($4k value) with an asking price of $25,000. When people are on crack like that they always also post "serious buyers only. Don't waste my time" :) it's hilarious.

Lastly, is this one: When negotiating price guys will say "yes, the paint looks great but I'm going to change it to red. And THAT'S gonna cost me $8,000"

As if it's MY obligation to discount MY price to accommodate HIS stupid ideas.

Okay enough marketplace bitching. But I have no doubt that guys who sell a lot of guns run into these exact same situations.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I once had a guy on armslist offer me $400 and a free kitten for a beretta I had listed. Even sent of picture of the cats and said I could have pick of the litter.

Magman I can't believe you turned down a pristine 78 Volare. Are you nuts?:)

·
Administrator
72,087 Posts
The free market system is wonderful. It allows you to meet all kinds of people. I used to work in retail selling computers, where the margins were ridiculously low (under 10% on average). We'd have sales where we were basically selling at cost, and we'd still get customers asking, "Okay, but what is MY price on this?". Ummm... the price is right there on the big orange label. "No, I said MY price. I am a loyal customer and have bought thousands of dollars worth of computers from you so I want a better price than that!". So I look up his purchase history, and he bought a $1200 computer five years ago basically at cost. Yeah buddy... in the last five years I've made maybe twenty dollars off of you. Not counting the three times you brought it in and had something fixed for free because you kept screwing with it but we called it a warranty repair anyway. :hrm:

·
Premium Member
7,682 Posts
Ok, as a fitting thing to odd people when trying to sell things, keeping in mind many of us on here love guns, cars, motorcycles and what not, I think we have all met this guy somewhere along our journey....

https://youtu.be/EF8GhC-T_Mo

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
People offer those trades because well....sometimes it works:)

I have a friend. He’s a cheap ass. Not afraid to offer someone $400 for a Shadow2 but then when it’s his to sell, he wants $1500. He has NEVER sold a gun, but tries a lot.

I suppose at the end of the day, something is worth what someone is willing to pay. Unless a bank is involved.....that doesn’t work.

I have sold cars and boats on Craigslist. You definitely run into some real turds. But many people are like that because they do occasionally get rewarded.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts