1911Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,386 Posts
I think the nutbag quit bothering you because several other people have said similar things to him! He’s busy mail bombing them as we speak. I’m gonna go and look to see if it’s still up. Maybe I’ll light the fuse again...:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
8,746 Posts
I think the nutbag quit bothering you because several other people have said similar things to him! He’s busy mail bombing them as we speak. I’m gonna go and look to see if it’s still up. Maybe I’ll light the fuse again...:biglaugh:
Offer him a $100 Walmart Gift Card because that is all he''ll get from a Bloomberg sponsored gun buy-back program at his local town hall. That'll irk him.

... ah, make that two $100 Gift Cards! ;)

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Life is too short to ferret out every overpriced Gunbroker item.

·
Premium Member
7,386 Posts
Offer him a $100 Walmart Gift Card because that is all he''ll get from a Bloomberg sponsored gun buy-back program at his local town hall. That'll irk him.

... ah, make that two $100 Gift Cards! ;)
Great idea......I think tossing in a few jabs at his manliness may help too. I bet if I throw in the diamond earring thing, that will push him to the limit. He’ll wonder what that is all about. Then again, he may go back and whack WaterDR for putting me up to it! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Basic philosophy in life: If you don't ask, they can't say "Yes"! Regardless of commodity... but you have to be prepared for more than a simple "No."

·
Registered
92 Posts
I see people on Ebay all the time selling items for well over retain price. I just laugh at ow over priced their items are.

·
Premium Member
7,386 Posts
I still think the initial response was funny as hell!
I just went back in to see if I could find the listing. It was supposed to expire yesterday, but Dood relisted and still has Zero bids. The only thing that makes me not ride this guy is because he does list $1600 in extras. Still has a poly frame though. Maybe the guy is only half nuts, but he must have dumped a bee hive down his shorts about the time your message came through!!:biglaugh:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I will confess to having made purchases on GunBroker. Frankly, I have never gotten a great deal. At best, I've gotten okay deals.

Something that is about to sell for well under its true value seems always to get a bid at that value or close to it. Sometimes, this probably a savvy gun trader; sometimes, it's probably a shill account managed by the seller or a friend of his because it's better to eat the gunbroker sales fee than lose too much on the price. (Of course, this is immoral and these sellers should be banned.)

I will never bid on anything on GunBroker before carefully going through the Seller's feedback. Is his feedback for selling or just for buying? Has he been on the site for a long time? Then I sort by rating, from low-to-high, as opposed to date. Some "A+" sellers have almost no negative feedback, but others have over 5% negative feedback, while still being "A+." Assuming the seller doesn't have a lot of negative feedback compared to other "A+" sellers, I look at how the seller responds to the negative feedback. If the seller remains polite and professional, which can include denying the assertions made by the buyer, then I am satisfied. However, a seller who becomes insulting, even if provoked, will not get any bids from me.

On the other hand, it is also a very real thing that some buyers will get exactly what they saw in the photos, in the condition described, in a very timely manner, and then try to extort sellers for a discount by threatening to give a bad rating. These buyers should be banned too.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I still think the initial response was funny as hell!
I just went back in to see if I could find the listing. It was supposed to expire yesterday, but Dood relisted and still has Zero bids. The only thing that makes me not ride this guy is because he does list $1600 in extras. Still has a poly frame though. Maybe the guy is only half nuts, but he must have dumped a bee hive down his shorts about the time your message came through!!
His assessment of $1600 in extras is well....an exaggeration. At once point, he had responded to me about the $450 holster setup it came with, but he didn’t have that mentioned at all in the listing. So my initial email to him questioning the listing was pretty dang legit. When I pointed that out, he called me more names and then updated the listing.

Who knows...all it takes is one buyer for anything and two people who want something to drive a price up.

Then there is the whole “should you list for a penny or put a high reserve” question on any item? Those that I know who sell many items on auctions will attest to the fact that penny auctions do much better over the long haul. People get caught up in the bidding and emotional and then over pay for things all the time. I think smaller sellers are worried that they will get “stuck”.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Mag Man - How dare you insult the Volare'. Ricardo Montalban just flipped in his box...That 225 slant six could pull a greased string out of a rats butt, if you got a good running start...
I have sold guns for more than what they were worth because a person was crazy about it and I really didn't want to sell, but that's a choice made between two bargaining individuals.
The most concerning thing I see about the response that H20 Doc received is the disparaging remarks about females and homosexuals. It's bad enough to have these thoughts, but the fact that the chauvinist gay-bashing D-Bag was willing to put in print tells a bigger tale. Online is the only place the guy ever had a chance to make a sale, unless he was at a KKK rally.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts