1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand how the location of this checkering can aid in shooting, can anyone enlighten me?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Enlightenment

...........like a wrapped leather steering wheel cover on a car, for some folks it helps with control and for some folks it don't. It's simply a matter of what works for you.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I personally do not like it BUT it does grip the index finger of your non-shooting hand real well so that you have a "solid" grip. My friend owns the Gold Combat RL II and it has that checkering on the bottom. Its nice but not for me, not use to it i guess. Just like why does my other buds CQBw/rail have serrations on the back of the slide?? I see no use for that except that it "looks cool" I guess. He says it helps him see the rear sight better but.....:rolleyes: i think its just a cosmetic deal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ol1911 said:
Just like why does my other buds CQBw/rail have serrations on the back of the slide?? I see no use for that except that it "looks cool" I guess. He says it helps him see the rear sight better but.....:rolleyes: i think its just a cosmetic deal.
The theory is that it dissipates reflected light, thereby reducing glare. Just like the rear portions of some sights are serrated or undercut (front sights). Serrations or a flat finish along the top of slides are there for the same reason.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I dislike the serations/stippling under the trigger guard of my Pro CDP. It results in a slower draw in a leather holster...and leather is getting into these serations.

·
Administrator
72,467 Posts
You know, if you really want a unique 1911 you can always ask your gunsmith to checker the entire pistol. :D

·
Registered
445 Posts
Re: Under trigger checkering

bjg-1911 said:
If you scroll down you will find a pic of some under trigger 30 lpi checkering. Also, at the end of the thread one of the reasons for it.Barry:D
Wow! Beautiful workmanship. Those tapered grips are very cool.:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts