1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I’ve been hearing a lot about Checkmate’s new hybrid magazine (7 & 8 rounds). From what I understand, the only way to get these mag.s are directly trough Checkmate industries, and you have to purchase a large quantity. Their main customers are firearms manufactures, L.E., and military. Does anyone here knows of a civilian supplier?
I’ve heard about them from another 1911 forum, and everyone who has tried these mag.s raves about them. Including a member/mentor called 1911 tuner (a very wise man). They all notice an audible difference, as well as smoother slide function.
I know I could ask someone on that site, but I barely have enough time to participate on this one. However, I do enjoy browsing through some of their threads occasionally.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
hemicuda said:
Hi guys,
I’ve been hearing a lot about Checkmate’s new hybrid magazine (7 & 8 rounds). From what I understand, the only way to get these mag.s are directly trough Checkmate industries, and you have to purchase a large quantity. Their main customers are firearms manufactures, L.E., and military. Does anyone here knows of a civilian supplier?
I’ve heard about them from another 1911 forum, and everyone who has tried these mag.s raves about them. Including a member/mentor called 1911 tuner (a very wise man). They all notice an audible difference, as well as smoother slide function.
I know I could ask someone on that site, but I barely have enough time to participate on this one. However, I do enjoy browsing through some of their threads occasionally.
I have several of them and they work great. They are built to original Colt specifications. It is easy to order them direct. Just call Joe Debello at the number listed on the website. You can order any amount that you want, but you do get a price break if you order 7 or more. Then the price drops to less than $20, which is about half of what you would pay for the new Wilson's. Checkmate has great service and a great product.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Texagun, are those the new hybrid mag.s ? If so, what makes them a hybrid? :scratch:
Also, thank you guys for the link and contact info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts