1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I noted a 9% increase in velocity at 15 degrees today using Longshot under Nosler 135s at sea level!
My load is not listed anywhere and may or may not be safe in other guns so I won't mention the powder weight.
At normal temperatures (45-70 degrees) this Longshot load generates from 1790fps to 1830fps with the Nosler 135gn from a 5in barrel (Nowlin and Kimber) but today ran 1885fps to 1895fps when chilled to the ambient 15 degree range temperature.
DO NOT attempt his level unless you are sure of complete chamber support and the 10mm hard use package mentioned elsewhere here!

·
Registered
816 Posts
That got to be max load

I was checking out my Nosler load data book for the 10mm, from what I recall the max FPS with the 135g was around 1500. Talk about reaching out to touch something, that load must be a blast @ 1800FPS :D

Can you IM me with the load data, not that I would try to load something that hot, but to give me an idea what it takes...
OAL and crimp would be nice :D

·
Registered
15,317 Posts

I, too, would be interested in any specifics you'd care to share. As yet, my testing has not enamored me to Longshot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts