1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever hear of a carver William Lloyd?
His business name is Chisel to Chainsaw.
He took $125.00 (half down) to get me on his busy schedule for this October to carve my pistol grips.
He called and said he was on the road doin'shows, and would let me know where to send the grips in October. Well, I hope all is well, but his phone is now disconnected, and his website no longer exists.
Anyone ever hear of this guy?
Thanks in advance for any information.
Michigun Mike:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wayback Machine of his old web page

Maybe this will help, it lists an old phone number from his last web page, maybe try that one? (If you haven't used it, the Wayback Machine caches old web pages and sometimes you can glean info from the old web pages it has stored on there. Might not work for this case, but it's worth a shot...)

·
Premium Member
20,303 Posts
Good luck Mike, sorry I can't help! I just have to ask though...$250 for a set of grips? You've got to fill in the rest of the story!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chisel to Chainsaw Carvers?

Okay guys, here's the scoop:
I found his old email address on a post it note, along with his no longer existant website address, and disconnected phone number.
I went ahead and sent him a memo on email, and he responded this morning!!!!
I'm excited!!!!!:D :D :biglaugh:
About the $250.00 for the grips,
Well, the grips are mine, from Lett Grips, hybrid linen micarta, ivory on black, cost $100.
William Lloyds fee to carve them, $250.
That may sound like a lot, but if you have done some research through the carvers guild, a master carver will set you back $500 to a grand, easy!
Si I don't mind spending $250 on a guy that has been carving for most of his adult life.
He now has a new web site, still under construction http://the chiselersart.com.
Thanks for the replies.
Michigun Mike

·
Premium Member
20,303 Posts
I have to wonder about a guy that calls himself a "chiseler". :D
I've spent a ton on expensive stuff, but I need to see a photo of those grips when they're done!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chisel to Chainsaw carver

Well, don't carvers use chisels to carve stone?
The use chainsaws to carve trees? (he actually does carve with a chainsaw on posts, trees, etc.)
And why he doesn't mention wood carving tools is beyond me.
I screwed up his web site adress so I am going to try it again.
Check out some of his work.Like I said, his new website is still under construction, and it doesn't do him justice.
He also does renaissance festivals with his works in progress. I send a pic as soon as I get the grips back.
http://thechiselersart.com

:D :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts