1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
While I believe the FN would be the better rifle more along the lines of mil spec colt like Bolt carrier and barrel wise.. I believe the RRA will be more accurate as it has a unlined barrel and a 2 stage NM trigger.. The stainless unlined barrel won't last as long as chrome lined barrel on the FN but chrome lining has a tendency to be slightly detrimental to over all accuracy..Like everything else it's a give and take are you worried about over all longevity or are you more worried about accuracy and that will answer the question for you..

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
The FN is essentially a copy of the m16a4 with a GI profile barrel which is thinner under the handguards to aid in carrying the gun long distances.. The RRA is a match rifle with a heavy barrel more suited to bench shooting not carrying it.

·
Registered
702 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
They are also free floated barrels which will help accuracy as well..And the 223wylde chamber which is a tighter more accurate clambering over the 556 chamber but you can still shoot 556 and 223 rounds..

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Personally, I'd choose something else. Neither of those choices are optimal as a scoped rifle. RRA makes "varmint" style rifles with free float handguards that are optics ready and will easily outshoot either. Plenty of other AR's out there in the same category. Obviously budget dictates choices, just be aware that on the lower end, a lot of AR's use sub-standard 4140 carbon steel, while accurate, service life is diminished.

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
The RRA National Match barrel is exactly the same barrel that they use on the Predator Pursuit, but the P.P. barrel isn't threaded. Friend of mine has a P.P. It shoots incredibly small groups, using my bulk-loaded 55gr fmjs. With better ammo, it's competition-ready.

4140 steel won't have less service life than 4150 steel, if both are chrome-lined. Nitrocarburized barrels are harder and last longer and are more accurate, as a rule, than are chrome-lined barrels.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Personally, RRA makes "varmint" style rifles with free float handguards that are optics ready and will easily outshoot either.
duuhhh, just like the ones I linked to above........:scratch:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts