1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changing the choke on my old A-5. Well it just a bit on the full side, a 28" 12 Ga. browning that I don't want to cut and add anything to the barrell. Seems to me that I could emory clouth the inside of the first two inches to create a wider pattern. I don't need much because I'm hitting dove at 45 yards and missing them at 25. Any suggestions here? Likely a lot more complicated that I expect.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
A brake cylinder hone has been the tool of choice for this kind of thing. I have never done it and there may be some tricks of the trade that will help you out. Screwins can be installed as well. The ablility to reach a far bird is an advantage, you get first chance.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'd see about getting a spare barrel to play with instead of jacking up the one that goes with the shotgun. A-5s don't exactly grow on trees anymore.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
send it to briley in texas, they can install any kind of chokes, but OE browning chokes would be the best choice, some of the later humpbacks had them from factory. oh to have a magnum stalker....

·
Registered
996 Posts
.45 1911 said:
If you try and do it yourself you could mess up the point of impact.
If you try and do it yourself you will RUIN the pattern and the POI ! A GOOD choke man can either open the choke for you very reasonably , for example from Full to Improved Cylinder , or install choke tubes . The previous posters were right , Briley Manufacturing in Texas are some of the best ...Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.