1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its not a 45 but it arrived yesterday and after a quick 5 min inspection was required to turn over to the wrapping dept.

This came from my Wife and Son (Garrett)...Its pretty cool. This is a 1943 Navy revolver from the collection of Charles W. Pate and is pictured on page 142 of his book, which I highly recommend if you are collecting WWII revolvers.

remember USGI wheel guns are welcome in this forum as well :D

Cheers,
Ty

·
Administrator
74,628 Posts
"remember USGI wheel guns are welcome in this forum as well"

Huh? :confused: I musta missed 'da memo. :D

Now, why couldn't Santa have given ME a gun for Christmas? :( Seriously, nice new toy to add to your collection. :D

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Ty,

I have a question for you concerning prices for these Navy M10s. We have a local gunshow going on this weekend. There is a gentleman there that has a US NAVY marked model 10 in every bit of 98% condition. He is asking $695 for it. Does that sound fair or not? Thanks!

As you know the US NAVY marking is on the left side of the topstrap. I don't remember what the other markings were. Is there anything else I should look for?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats pretty pricey. if top strap marked should be the victory model, with the V prefix on serial numbers. make sure the inside right grip is also numbered.
Good Navy vics are running about 500 max. in my neck of the woods. Look at my USGI Revolver gallery the navy vic there is a great example to compare to.
Cheers,
Ty

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I have a Vistory model as well. Not a Navy model. Not much left in the finish, but tight as a drum and my son out shoots me with it every time. Great little pistols.

Stacey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts