1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are they still in business and are they straight shooters? business wise?
have shot one and liked it
thanks

·
Administrator
73,107 Posts
They are still in business. They always had a horrible reputation for customer service but maybe that's changed in recent years. I used to have one of their kits and it worked great, so fortunately I didn't have to deal with them after the sale.

·
Administrator
13,281 Posts
I used one in my Colt registered receiver full auto for years . It worked great . Never needed service help though .

·
Registered
256 Posts
Shot one for several years on a dedicated receiver, it was the Platinum grade. Very accurate, liked the 15 round magazine, used Hi-Speed ammo, but did not stay open when the last round is fired. Was given to me, and I gave it back to him as I no longer used it.

·
Registered
23,180 Posts
I have two, both bought from Brownells back when Brownells sold them. They are both Platinum ones with adjustable sights. One is a 5 inch or Gov size and the other is a Commander/Officers size which is 4.25 inches.

They have been great over the years and I use them on different bottoms. I also picked up a Marvel conversion which is more accurate and Kimber Conversion, plus a Colt Ace unit which is more a collector thing. Anyway they have been fine. I sort of got away from shooting them when .22 became hard to get or very expensive.

I never dealt with Ciener as a company so do not know how they are to deal with.

I am going to dig all the conversion units out again at some point in the future as I bought one of Brownells 1911 .22LR 10 round mags and on the back it says it works with a bunch of conversions including Marvel, Kimber and Ciener and I am curious if it does. If it works I may order more.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Here's my Ceiner on a Philippine frame, Numrich innards & eBay grips, then my DIY décor --

I like shooting it better than my Ace, even though it won't stand open after the last shot. Function has been flawless so long as well lubricated ---

·
Registered
818 Posts
Have a Platinum Plus for Browning High Power, absolutely love it. Too bad Cieners customer service isn't as good as his products.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts