1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked it up today and took it to the range and fed 75 FMJ rounds 45 ACP without a single issue.

Brought it home and loaded a magazine up with hollow points and upon inserting a fully loaded magazine (8 rounds) the gun failed to chamber a round upon racking the slide.

After some fiddling I found that with 6 hollowpoint rounds in the magazine it tended to feed more reliably.

Could anybody help me identify some possible issues that would cause this? Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 9mm Citadel 1911. Great pistol for the money, but it came with crappy magazines. I’d start by replacing them.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Could you describe the "fail to chamber" with a little more detail? For example, was the failed round pointing up or down? was it in the chamber but not allowing the slide to close?

What kind of magazines were used? Pictures of the failure are also very helpful. Some 1911s will feed hollowpoints superbly while others will cough on them.

A simple test would be to try a few different magazines just like Beeks pointed out. If you don't have any others, you may want to see if you can aquire a few different types.

You came to the right place. The great smiths on this forum will have a lot of remedies in mind if you can provide a bit more detail. Good luck sir!

·
Premium Member
20,302 Posts
Seven round mags are much more dependable for me.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I would suggest new mags or extra power mag springs, especially if it has a ramped barrel. I even had to do this with a 5K Infinity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts