1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the range with my new Citadel 1911. As mentioned in another thread, this is my first 1911 and I bought it to 'test the waters' of the platform. The .45 round didn't have any of the recoil I expected it to have. Everything on the 1911 feels like it is exactly where it is supposed to be. I must say that I am officially hooked!

I shot 300 Rds, all 230 gr FMJ. 100 was Winchester white box, 200 was Remington UMC. I had no FTFs or jams. I had a few magazine feed problems, but I've read that the ACT mags that came with the pistol are crappy. I've already ordered 5 MecGar mags, but I couldn't wait to try out the weapon. All shooting was done at 7 yards (my control distance for trying out weapons or sight settings.) I had a nice solid section of the target missing about an inch to the left of the center. Best grouping I've ever had, actually, and the sights haven't been adjusted and aren't the most visible!

I noticed that some of the finish on the slide was showing some wear after I was done cleaning. I'm not going to complain about it, though, as it's a $580 import. Most importantly, I don't care how it looks as long as it fires everytime, and this pistol did! I forsee the Citadel as being the first of many 1911s for me!

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,334 Posts
I shot 300 Rds, all 230 gr FMJ. 100 was Winchester white box, 200 was Remington UMC. I had no FTFs or jams. I had a few magazine feed problems, but I've read that the ACT mags that came with the pistol are crappy.
No failures to feed or jams and I had a few magazine feed problems. Can't be both?

·
Registered
52 Posts
awesome :) Mine is on the way, but it's not my first. I'm addicted :biglaugh:
Where did you get it? Could have got it for about 100 bucks cheaper on buds :mummy:

·
Registered
445 Posts
I thought the ACT mags do great. I have fired about 400 rounds through my citadel and haven't had any failures of any kind. aside from the many casting flaws/tool marks on the inside of the frame. for a cheap 1911 there great. and if I had to use it in a defense situation I wouldn't miss it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts