1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are planning a gun buy back in the City of Miami, but instead of sending the turn in guns to the smelters or the gun chopping equipment, they plan to send the firearms to the Ukraine.

$50 Handgun
$150 Shotgun / Rifle
$250 High-powered assault rifle

Anyhow I would love to hear everyone's opinion on this. :giggle:

Personally, I don't think its such a good idea on the behalf of the Ukrainians... I can't imagine how a hodge-podge of firearms in various calibers, various condition of age and abuse, as well as various models and make will help their war defense effort... and that is of course if it ever gets to Ukraine. I think its more of a ploy to trick people into surrendering their firearms in the belief they are helping out the Ukrainians.

·
Administrator
78,698 Posts
I believe your last sentence to be true. What the hell do the Ukranians want with a bunch of old .22 rifles and beat-up Hi-Points?

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
It's a trick. After gathering all said arms they will announce that since the price of barge oil has increased dramatically as well as not wanting to make a larger carbon "footprint" that they will all be smelted.

Never trust a Liberal. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Strikes me as either a dupe, or a misguided "do something" effort that will be ineffective at best.

Kind of like the "donate your pots and pans for the war effort" request I read about during WW2. They were never used, recall seeing pictures of heaping mounds of old pots and pans that lay unused at the end of WW2.

But I wasn't there so *** do I know, being born at the tail end of the Eisenhower administration and all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stupid idea. All Ukraine needs is random guns sent with more ammo options. They already smacked em back. Unecessary logistical burdens sounds like a splendid idea

They should sell the guns back to Americans for a 50% loss and just send Ukraine cash. That sounds like what a dedicated American careerist bureaucrat would do.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
This is what they collected today, and yes Ken Russell, the commissioner that sponsored the buy-back is a staunch, dye-in-the-wool Democrat liberal:

Sorry but I’m calling BS on the pic. Do not believe for a second anyone would ‘drop off’ or turn in the first four guns depicted. They got those out of the evidence locker for the photo opp.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Sorry but I’m calling BS on the pic. Do not believe for a second anyone would ‘drop off’ or turn in the first four guns depicted. They got those out of the evidence locker for the photo opp.
Mom might have turned in her kid's stash.

BTW, how many "zip" guns could be made in short order to "Sell Back". That libtard phrase "Buy back" tells a great deal about how snowflake minds "work".

The great awakening will condemn all "woke" insanity. I hope it happens soon, maybe in November.

Reactions: wnlewis and Che

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
As always, I wonder how "Them The Government" can "Buy Back" something that "They" never "Owned" in the first place.

If I sell DSK a Dragoon Revolver, and then a few years later, I pay him money and "Buy It Back", then that's a "Buy Back".

But if I buy a Dragoon Revolver from DSK that I've never even seen before, let alone owned, I am not "Buying It Back".

And yes, I know that many will say it's just semantics, but.........

We've seen how the Control-Left plays "Semantics" with:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
One has to be a state dept licensed importer/exporter to do that.
There would need to be proper end user certificates that would also need to be approved by the state dept.
And as mentioned I doubt the Ukrainians want a bunch of street guns with duct tape on them.
Whole thing is horse doodoo
This. Miami literally can't do it. They'd need all kinds of licensure, plus export papers from the US government, import papers from Ukraine. And what is Ukraine going to do with a bunch of semi automatic and bolt action rifles that don't match up with their standard weaponry? Or pistols that have low capacity, probably don't work, and probably also aren't chambered in their standard cartridge?

It's a scam. Plain and simple. Any weapons turned in are more likely to be destroyed than shipped overseas.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Don’t cities need to have an FFL to receive firearms in transfers? And if not, don’t they need to pass NICS checks and fill out 4473? Is it a private sale if a public entity does it?

·
Registered
218 Posts
They are planning a gun buy back in the City of Miami, but instead of sending the turn in guns to the smelters or the gun chopping equipment, they plan to send the firearms to the Ukraine.

$50 Handgun
$150 Shotgun / Rifle
$250 High-powered assault rifle

Anyhow I would love to hear everyone's opinion on this. :giggle:

Personally, I don't think its such a good idea on the behalf of the Ukrainians... I can't imagine how a hodge-podge of firearms in various calibers, various condition of age and abuse, as well as various models and make will help their war defense effort... and that is of course if it ever gets to Ukraine. I think its more of a ploy to trick people into surrendering their firearms in the belief they are helping out the Ukrainians.

I think you are right on all counts.

·
Registered
603 Posts
My opinion? This is the megaphone set to 11, yelled from the tallest building in Miami, beat your waxed chest with your creamy lotiony fists, man bun painted all pride colors, new high bar set for gun grabbing virtue signaling.

But I’m not surprised…

1 - 20 of 72 Posts