1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Very nice! I'm sure you will get a few of the used bar of soap/beltsander disaster comments, but one thing is undeniable, a Meltdown is distinctive, functional, and the lockwork of the gun should be top notch after passing through Princeton Louisiana's premier gunshop. :rock:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Barrel Bushing

It can be turned by hand, but is still tight. The pistol has to be broken down by taking the slide off first. The spring plug can not come out from the top in the normal way. The plug is like a reverse plug in that it fit in the bottom of the slide in a slotted groove. Seems to be a good system. Will be going to the range here shortly and we will see how it does.

·
Premium Member
9,373 Posts
That is something I have have never actually seen. I always wanted to
fondle one and see how it feels.

You have to post a range report with target pics and comments.

If it's appropriate to ask, where and how much did you pay? You can PM
me with the answer if you wish.

Regards,
Greyson

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Range report on Clark Meltdown

First let me start off by saying that is pistol has been used more than I thought. I had to replace the recoil spring, Main Housing spring, and adjust the tension on the extractor before going to paper. The pistol then shot flawlessly. All rounds ejected correctly and the pistol feed with no problems to report. The Meltdown has a little kick with 230 gr. ammo, but very manageable. As you can see from the test target, I need to more the sight to the right still. I was really impressed with the grouping! If it was not for me pulling the 5th round, I'm sure it would have been perfect (I need to start shooting 4 round groups I guess). Grouping was fired from 12 yards. A true pleasure to fire and once fired some more, it may work its way into my carry line-up. I shot standard Winchester 230 gr. hardball and tried some Hornady 230 gr. also. Everything worked fine. Very happy this with little gem!!! :rock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.