1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some direction on how to cut a 1911 frame to accept a Clark/Para ramped barrel. I obviously don't know the correct places, or correct verbiage to find the information I'm looking for, help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
I build guns using the Wilson/Nowlin ramp cut. I have cut 1911 frames without a mill, using hand tools and all of my gun builds are extremely reliable. It has been said that the Clark/Para ramp cut is stronger, but I if it is, the W/N ramp cut is still very strong, and STI firearms in Texas, now called Staccato, have used this for years on their guns. STI 2011 guns have been used in competitive USPSA shooting for over 30 years, and I have never seen a failure of a W/N barrel or problems with the VIS. I have ordered 1911 Rock Island barrels for $89.00 on E-bay that have the Clark/Para ramp, and there was enough metal to remove the Clark/Para ramp to convert it to a Wilson/Nowlin ramp. The RIA 9mm C/P ramped barrels that I converted to W/N ramped barrels have shot better than expected, and provide good accuracy..... For an $89 barrel that was easily converted into a W/N ramped barrel, it is a great value. ;)

·
Registered
7,562 Posts
Looking for some direction on how to cut a 1911 frame to accept a Clark/Para ramped barrel. I obviously don't know the correct places, or correct verbiage to find the information I'm looking for, help will be appreciated.
Schman has instructions on their website. No pictures but it's super easy to follow. You'll need a mill to do it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies, I appreciate the W/N thoughts, but bought a Clark/Para. I did stumble upon the Schuemann site late last night and got those instructions. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Sometimes it is easier to Reverse Engineer (copy) than scrounge up prints. Use a 1911 frame with the Clark/Para ramp cut and copy it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you’d like to purchase a precut receiver for a Clark/Para cut, look to jemguns.com or Caspian. They have different pricing schemes, but you’ll get a nice receiver either way. I prefer the JEM receivers.

X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts