1911Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I present to you: ACW1010.

All I can say is no matter what pictures you find online, they simply don't do them justice. You have to see it in person. Absolutely stunning. Waiting till tomorrow so I can shoot it with my brother for the first time. Its not easy when you can just shoot in your backyard! Range report to follow :)

Air gun Revolver Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Trigger Wood Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
ACW makes a sweet ride

Reactions: rlovell383

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Range report and initial impressions!!!!

500 rounds down the pipe this morning with my brother. This gun is like cheating and will ruin you.
Epic day. Zero malfunctions of any kind. Shot 200 rounds of Federal Champion 115 grain, 150 of my hand loads, (115 grain FMJ loaded hot) About 100 rounds of HP carry ammo (Federal 124HST +P, and 147 grain Gold Dot. And some junk Perfecta 115gr from Wally World. Ate everything and I didn't clean it.

I've only owned a handful of 1911s but this is literally the ONLY one Ive never had any issues with out of the box, no break-in and no gunsmithing needed. That by itself is a feat. You can tell just by the way it chambers rounds by hand it is eager to work.

Some standout features:

That proprietary checkering is awesome. The front and back edges are left razor sharp, as in: "I-didnt-realize-my-hands-were-that-delicate" sharp. But the sides are soft enough to be comfortable to carry. No worries about lack of grip here! Its like sandpaper.

I got the tritium front sight, and fixed rear. They are outstanding. The front post is nice and thin and plenty of gap in back. Easy to make fast precise hits and they are zero'd perfectly. No noticeable change in POI with all different kinds of ammo.

Recoil with factory 115g ball ammo is non-existent. +P ammo is still very soft compared to my Glocks and HKs.

The only thing I might tweak is the grip safety engagement. You need to depress it about 2/3rds of the way to make it fire, and once or twice I didn't grip it enough. I plan to sensitize it. Not sure if I want to take the trouble to send it back or just do it myself. I've done it before on other guns but not $3700 guns...

Rob, if you're reading this, you made my day and its on my hip as I type this. Well worth the 7 month wait. Cheers, from upstate NY.
Thanks...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Range report and initial impressions!!!!

500 rounds down the pipe this morning with my brother. This gun is like cheating and will ruin you.
Epic day. Zero malfunctions of any kind. Shot 200 rounds of Federal Champion 115 grain, 150 of my hand loads, (115 grain FMJ loaded hot) About 100 rounds of HP carry ammo (Federal 124HST +P, and 147 grain Gold Dot. And some junk Perfecta 115gr from Wally World. Ate everything and I didn't clean it.

I've only owned a handful of 1911s but this is literally the ONLY one Ive never had any issues with out of the box, no break-in and no gunsmithing needed. That by itself is a feat. You can tell just by the way it chambers rounds by hand it is eager to work.

Some standout features:

That proprietary checkering is awesome. The front and back edges are left razor sharp, as in: "I-didnt-realize-my-hands-were-that-delicate" sharp. But the sides are soft enough to be comfortable to carry. No worries about lack of grip here! Its like sandpaper.

I got the tritium front sight, and fixed rear. They are outstanding. The front post is nice and thin and plenty of gap in back. Easy to make fast precise hits and they are zero'd perfectly. No noticeable change in POI with all different kinds of ammo.

Recoil with factory 115g ball ammo is non-existent. +P ammo is still very soft compared to my Glocks and HKs.

The only thing I might tweak is the grip safety engagement. You need to depress it about 2/3rds of the way to make it fire, and once or twice I didn't grip it enough. I plan to sensitize it. Not sure if I want to take the trouble to send it back or just do it myself. I've done it before on other guns but not $3700 guns...

Rob, if you're reading this, you made my day and its on my hip as I type this. Well worth the 7 month wait. Cheers, from upstate NY.
Thanks...
Glad you like it I have one in .45 have not shot it yet hopefully I will have the same results. They seem to be very nice, but nowhere near the quality of a Nighthawk in my opinion maybe my mind will
Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Wood
Guitar accessory Wood Musical instrument Gas String instrument accessory
change once I take it to the range

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Glad you like it I have one in .45 have not shot it yet hopefully I will have the same results. They seem to be very nice, but nowhere near the quality of a Nighthawk in my opinion m
So I find this interesting . By Quality you mean fit and build quality ? like the frame to slide fit ? it has filing marks ? what ? or is it finish quality ? like it could be higher polished ? or
coated with a different coating ? In what area do you think the quality differs ?

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
As you all know, I take any and all criticism to heart. Not only that, I took the photos out to the people responsible for the work and showed them what happens when they flat out miss operations. Unlike some other builders, I'm not gonna tell you you're dreaming when you have an issue. Yes, indeed, send it back and I will sort everything out. My apologies for not getting it right the first time. Things like this make us take a step back and slow things down. The system of checks and balances is stronger than ever with the ability for people to take their gripes to the internet.

·
Registered
101 Posts
As you all know, I take any and all criticism to heart. Not only that, I took the photos out to the people responsible for the work and showed them what happens when they flat out miss operations. Unlike some other builders, I'm not gonna tell you you're dreaming when you have an issue. Yes, indeed, send it back and I will sort everything out. My apologies for not getting it right the first time. Things like this make us take a step back and slow things down. The system of checks and balances is stronger than ever with the ability for people to take their gripes to the internet.
This is EXACTLY why I choose to spend the vast majority of my gun money with you guys. I’ve read horror stories about “customer service” from other companies and have even had a couple of less than stellar experiences myself.
I’ve seen very few issues with ACW pistols pop up online but the few that have surfaced were always promptly corrected. Not to mention the Prime Elite front sight swap you did for me on your dime. You put out a tremendous product and you stand behind it. Now if I could just convince you to make me an Anomaly…

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Another 300 flawless rounds downrange on Monday! First time shooting paper and for groups. This was the first 5 shots of the day. 147 grain Gold Dot. 25 yards. Resting off a Home Depot bucket. Personal best with a handgun.
1 1/4" group. I couldn't believe my eyes, and really didn't know I was capable of shooting that well.
I then did a bunch of draw from concealment practice with a shot timer. The biggest thing I noticed was the super sharp checkering is a HUGE advantage if you don't get a perfect grip out of the holster. Its like grabbing a velcro gun. So happy with this pistol. Need to drift the rear sight a tiny bit right. It prints about 4 inches high at 25 yards but that suits me just fine.

Gesture Creative arts Art Paint Rectangle

Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Green Vehicle

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is EXACTLY why I choose to spend the vast majority of my gun money with you guys. I’ve read horror stories about “customer service” from other companies and have even had a couple of less than stellar experiences myself.
I’ve seen very few issues with ACW pistols pop up online but the few that have surfaced were always promptly corrected. Not to mention the Prime Elite front sight swap you did for me on your dime. You put out a tremendous product and you stand behind it. Now if I could just convince you to make me an Anomaly…
I second this. This was a main reason for going ACW. Zero regrets.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts