1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps someone should clean up the home page? I notice that the most current topic is before Christmas, with some going back to last summer. For a site that is as busy as this one is, surely there has to be more timely info available to be shown on the very first page. A new visitor to the site might think that this is an inactive site!

At the very least, get rid of the old news and put a nice 1911 picture in the empty space you create!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I usually bypass the home page with my bookmarks and go straight to the forum. I'm glad you pointed this out and reminded me, because I never did check all the links I wanted to on the home page.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just for the record, I noticed that you put a birthday announcement on the home page. At least it's a little more current!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I want to start updating the main page much more frequently from now on. I agree that infrequent updates portrays an inactive site. Let's avoid that. If you guys see or hear anything relating to 1911 events, news, products, etc. feel free to email myself or one of the admins/moderators and we'll post it for everyone to see.

I know I've talked alot about the new 1911Forum site that is in the works. The new site will allow admins and mods to directly update the main page in real time. This will really make frequent updates much easier and broader in scope. Great things to come...

Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts