1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use to clean your reloading dies? Do you lubricate them afterwords? If so, with what?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Gun Scrubber works well. So does plain ole' rubbing alcohol. I do not lube carbide pistol dies but do spray the interior of bottle neck rifle dies with the spray case lube I am using at the time (per the lube manufacturer's instructions).

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I clean mine with a bronze bore brush and then lube them with Rem Oil. when I'm done I run a cotton mop thru them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I use "Simple Green" to clean dies and guns. It is a wonderful cleaner and degreaser. Disassemble the dies or gun, pour SG into a pan on em' paintbrush/partsbrush to swab at em', bore brush and/or toothbrush for details, soak some more, rinse in hot water, towel dry then air dry for a while, then spray, swab, flood with breakfree CLP, let "cure" for awhile, then clean cotton rag and q-tips to remove all oil possible, reassemble. SG cuts lead, copper, lube, wax, grease, everything. Its great!

------------------
"Always place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark"
Lazarus Long

·
Registered
366 Posts
Maybe because I don't let them get too dirty, but all I use is rubbing alcohol with paper towels, sometimes cotton bore patches and always Q-Tips.

·
Registered
386 Posts
"Simple Green is people!"

There. It had to be said. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Spray them down with WD-40(or equivalent) and blast with high-pressure air. No residue. Clean as a whistle. This method works great for trigger assemblies and any areas hard to get to. Dirt is your enemy, clean is your friend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts