1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here tried this? I am considering getting it but I thought I would see what experince other people had with it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well, I just received mine yesterday... so not much time to get used to it. It did feel a little top heavy sitting high on my belt at first, but after walking the dog this morning with it, it felt just fine. Feels better in the small of my back as opposed to in front or kidney area. Seems to work just great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can someone explain to me exactly what a clip draw system is? I understand is't good for runners and times when wearing very light clothing. But what is it? Where do you buy it? What are it's advantages/disadvantages?

Thanks!!
DrDoid

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
The CLIP DRAW(tm) is a "L" shaped piece of spring steel that fits under the right stock panel of a 1911 or round butt S&W J frame. The handgun is carried without a holster and the clip catches the trouser top or belt to hold the pistol in place.

The idea comes and goes, it was first used in the '30's, IIRC and then a company named Brown and Pharr made them for a while and now the Clip Draw people are in production.

I think they have a system for Glocks too.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited 11-08-2001).]

·
Registered
79 Posts
After a couple days of carry with the Clipdraw... www.clipdraw.com I feel that this is pretty much the best way to carry without the added bulk of a holster. It fits awesome in the small of my back, at an angle, no movement. Now, I wouldn't go running down any stairs with it, but for the price, it's worth the minimal investment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts